Cant cool it down

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jerky boy, Apr 16, 2016.

1. In a 4×8, 6 inch exhaust .using 1 small intake as well as 4 flaps open,and rotating fan inside.everythings set up in a inside room in the house.iv been keeping my house at like 69 degrees,but my tent gets like 84.my house ac seems to never cut off.my electric bill is going to be crazy.dont know what to do,thinking maybe give up,cause of all the money iv spent,im maxxed out on this venture.i even open one side allday but nothing helps. Someone please help me

2. Can you open the window? and turn off the ac to the house. Close the bedroom door. have you tried this? I used to run this way. And run the light at night.

3. 2400 watts of cheap china leds.two 600's and one 1200

• Like Like x 1
  4. Can turn off one light and run less plants, reduce the grow? Do you have a 6" exhaust fan?

5. Iv tried that cut off the 1200 half the day.even ran ducting from ac into tent but was still 84.its like my exhaust isnt working right.man my mind has been obsessed for days no more options id guess my house is freezing but that tent is hot its a real mystery

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm assuming they're the main cause of the heat? Everyone seems to be jumping on the led bandwagon without much thought of residual heat. With hid you get a good hood and run the exhaust straight thru it and 80% of the rooms issues are taken care of. But I digress. Seeing as a typical setup has 3 fans... Intake, exhaust, and circulation... Led has no ballast that I'm aware of, unless you have a humidifier or dehumidifier running the lights have to be the source of the heat. Only option is to upgrade to an 8 or 10in canfan exhaust, and use the 6in for intake. Where is your exhaust dumping out into?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Glad u asked about dehumidifier,got 1 acouple weeks back,iv been wondering if its my problem,but if so what can i do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Does it feel hot in the tent to you?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I agree with CanniAnnie.

That's a lot of LED to be running in that space. While HID puts out more heat it's so much easier to counteract it.

The only thing I can think of that might work without having to redesign the grow room would be to either reduce the lights you use or find a way to have fans directly blowing on the LEDs all the time seperate from the circulation fans for the plants.

Do you A/C directly into the tent or in the room the tent is in?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ya i could but where i live its like 89 degress everyday

• Like Like x 1
  11. Always at the exact same temp is suspicious. I would have gone with a bigger fan, but still with the bigger light off and no change in temp at all? Does not compute.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The room its in and outside the tent its like 74.today i conected the the vent into the tent but it made it worse.so i removed it

• Like Like x 1
  13. With this type of outside temp this time of year you are going to need an ac in the room. And the tent will need to be exhausted outside. It is going to cost money to run this grow. You could grow in the Winter only some people do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ^ good question. If the plants are young and you have the lights low and close to the plants/thermometer you could be getting a "false reading". The temp is real and directing a fan between the light and canopy will help that. But the room may very well be cool enough already.

• Like Like x 1
  15. No temps go to good then an hour later 84.makes no sense should i vent out the dehu

16. Im 6 weeks in flowering, and fan is directed at them.i do appriate u taking time to help man

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes, also my hygrometer fools me sometimes cause it displays the high temp for the last 24 hours. That is why the always 84 set off an alarm for me.

18. I am venting into attic

• Like Like x 1
  19. However if its really just hot as balls in jeans on an August afternoon.... Well the larger exhaust is one option. Do you have a speed control on your exhaust? Dehumidifier.... Why? Why is you rh, and what stage are you in? Keep in mind. Controlling heat, exchanging and circulating air, and exposed water... Ex.. Reservoir, or fresh watered plants will set the base line rh according to outdoor weather

• Like Like x 1