Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cant Afford 20 A Gram. Smoking Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BudBrownies, May 24, 2013.

1. buying more cigarettes isn't necessarily because of an addictive personality; nicotine addiction works in strange ways man
    I have the least addictive personality of anybody I know and cigarettes are something i just can't seem to stop for any extended period of time without relapsing haha. 7 months without weed for probation was no problem; and I could probably go the rest of my life without another drink if i felt like it haha

2. Man I quit smoking, instead I use snuff (nasal tobacco, not that nasty chew but cost about the same) and it lasts a lot longer and I can get a damn good buzz off it.

If I can't afford weed I just stop smoking and enjoy the beauty of a T-Break.

3. #43 Kemper420, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    yeah new studys forgot to google image search the before and after effects it has on your face.

or even mention that it actually tastes like shit, turns your teeth yellow, recedes your gumline, causes dry spots in your mouth, is a huge turn off to girls, you look like a goober having a huge wad in your lip, you spit black shit out of your mouth constantly...

let alone the fact that its got little shards of fiberglass that cut your inner cheeks and gums so the nicotine can be absorbed.

and it doesnt even get you high... so the benefits are.... what exactly???

4. Darts are fuckin gross js.
    Have always smoked weed an will not stop

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. first off it does not have fiberglass in it. if it did it would cause your gums to bleed which would cause less nicotine to get into your body because blood pushes out the nicotine. it tastes very good to me at least there's a whole lot of different flavors like mint wintergreen cherry peach vanilla ect. it does not get you high but neither do cigs if your talking about a nicotine buzz it has way more nicotine in it one pinch is about 3 or 4 cigs worth of nicotine.some people get gum cancer from it but no were near the amount of people that gets lung cancer from cigs not to mention emphysema throat cancer etc and just feeling like shit coughing up a lung in the morning. i use to smoke a pack a day now one tub of dip lasts about a month my teeth are yellow yes but they always have been because i didn't brush them often when i was younger. i dip 100 percent on the left side of my mouth and my gums have not receded even a tiny bit and i've been dipping for almost 2 years every day.   

6. I bought another pack, if I can't walk away after this pack I'm fucked. However I believe I can control my mind. After a month of no smokes you've broken your addiction and thinking about smoking is just pure boredom.

Boredom and cigs are a bad combo.

pfff thats nothing , over here the good packs are like 12$. canadian

8. I just buy weight and smoke from a bowl or bong if I'm trying to be frugal. Screw cigs.

9. Dudes and dudettes, you realize you're talking to a 15-16 year old kid who wants to be cool and smoke stuff, but doesn't get a big enough allowance to buy his expensive over-priced highschool dirtweed?!? This is just silly. 

Kid, don't smoke cigarettes. You think you're addicted now? Try 2 years from now. You'll wake up in the morning by coughing up a big black chunk, then feel shitty until you get your first smoke. Then, 10 minutes later you're already craving another. It doesn't get you high, the "buzz" goes away, instead of a buzz you just make yourself feel normal again after craving a smoke. A pack a day isn't cheaper than weed if you only smoke .4 of DANK. 
    HAHA you must be one of those people that are like "pfftttt I won't get lung cancer, that happens to OTHER people not ME..." 
    I've known a lot of smokers, and I also now know a lot of smokers with lung cancer. 

10. #51 Wiggibow, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    Everyone's different man; I've been a regular smoker for a while, at one point smoked 3+ packs a week for probs like 3 years, tried to quit and failed after 3 months twice, and this has been going on for well over 5 years now; and still to this day I have NEVER hacked up this mysterious black stuff everyone says I'll cough out; NEVER felt like shit because I can't have a smoke, and the buzz most certainly doesn't make me feel "normal" lol it gives me a lil nicotine buzz to this day.

Not saying you're wrong in saying he should stop smoking, of course he should haha cigarettes are horrible for you, but I don't think any of that^^^^ is necessarily true at all

11.    Used to be a full time tobacco & herb smoker.  Found that I jus couldnt discipline myself to smoke a few cigs a day.  Pack  or pouch  would be gone in 3 days maximum. Smoking when I was young was great but I grew older the smell, taste, and cravings became tedious and boring.  So decided to give it up as a daily habit, due to smell, cost, and health issues.

Next stage I went thru was adding a little bit (sprinkle) of quality tobacco you get in a pouch to joints. Changes the taste and adds 2 the buzz, but nothing spectacular.

IMO the best way is to find a middle ground and treat tobacco as an indulgence.  When you do it treat yourself, find some real nice tobacco but dont go overboard. Save it for those semi-rare special occasions. 

Eventually you might find smoking tobacco has become a thing of the past, you jus grew out of it. Plus you have more money for the good green.

I like this a lot; I think its part of why I have such an obscure relationship with tobacco
    When I started smoking it was in high school and I felt I had to hide it from my parents, so the only time I ever got to smoke at home for over 2 years was late at night after they when to sleep. I think this underlying notion has stuck with me somehow, and to this day I have no issues with waiting on a cigarette. Nicotine addiction has never felt pressing to me. Is's something I can't figure out how to kick, yes, but I don't think at any point in my whole smoking "career" I've "fiended" for a cigarette like most people seem to. It seems more subconscious than that for me.

13. how can you even compare smoking tobacco with smoking weed? wtf

14. I know right?!

15. Man, I gotta admit i'm addicted to smoking aswell, I smoke all day long like 10-15 cigarettes a day. I don't even smoke it for the "nicotine buzz" anymore or w/e it's just became an annoying and expensive habbit. Wish I had never made the mistake to begin smoking, especially at the age of 13..

But on the otherhand, the only way I smoke is by rolling spliffs.. so that's even more tobacco. I put about 1/4 - 1/2 of a cig in my spliffs, times three is another one and a half a day.. I don't think that's very healthy.

I'm really trying to cut back, but I guess i'll never really quit

16. In Canada a pack of smokes is at least 10 bucks... Pretty shitty how much we get taxed on things here once the government gets involved.

17. just take a T break and buy a vapor genie metal bat for 45 bucks. and now weed should last you a lot longer.

18. Dude, don't smoke cigs, save up some money and buy a lot of weed. have it for at least a week and then repeat.

19. Bro make the first step to quit. I used to never think I could quit, but now I go through my day without a single thought about a cigarette :) Just smoke weed when you crave a cigarette ;P