Canopy question. please answer!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by letstokeup, Jun 14, 2012.

1. hey everyone. i am moving to california and the county that i am moving to has a weird limit on its medical marijuana cultivation laws. Apparently i can grow up to 99 plants, however my canopy must be within a 10 foot by 10 foot, 100 square foot, area. How do these fools who make this rule expect you to fit 99 plants in that area. that is enough for maybe 2 mid sized plants outside. I am trying to only provide for myself and roomate who will also have a card. we were trying to grow upwards of 25 plants seeing that they can easily reach 1 to 2 pounds if you know what your doing. we need a lot of cannabis because we do not smoke it but make it all into oil.

my question is how can i get around this foolish square footage law? I see many of you who have "large" legal grows. How do u do it!

2. Square feet leaves the third dimension in grey area; grow vertical.

3. maybe im high but that doesnt make much sense. its measured in canopy square footage. You still have a conopy regaurdless how you grow. Im more asking is there a way around this law/ is this law enforced/ how do people legally have say 12 plants that are each 8 feet by 8 feet canopy. I see what your saying that the vertical aspect is not written into the law but i already was planning on growing some monsters and if you stay within the 100 square foot limit and still grow like a 12 foot tall plant its still not going to yield nearly enough for my smoking needs.

4. A 12 ft plant would yield like 2 lbs dude.

5. that is not enough for us. I would need about 10 pounds a year for myself alone. my roommate needs about that too. we make it into hash oil because it is the only thing strong enough to help us medicate. 10 pounds of buds produces about 1 pound of hash which lasts me about a year. People need to be more considerate of people who really need this herb to sleep/ eat like me and my roomate. Putting limits on how much i can grow is rediculous, especially limiting me to basically growing one plant . 100 square feet is a joke for outdoors.

6. they really should go back to the 6 mature 12 immature plant limit like the californian state law states. All these city and county laws are rediculous. cant they be superceeded by state law which has no bs limit on square footage for canopy. Please respond if you know!

7. Ridiculous, 10x10 is plenty of room, just grow heavy hitting indicas they grow like spears u could fit plenty. And why do you need a pound of hash per year?

8. because i smoke about 8 grams of hash every week...

9. 10 by 10 is one plant outdoors which could possibly produce 2 to 4 pounds. i need roughly double to tripple that amount.

10. All i can say is be happy you can legally grow brow. Some of us have to walk through dense bogg's with thorn bush's, poison oak patch's, and get ate to shit by chiggers just to grow a few plants and hope the pig's don't find them.

11. 10 x 10? oops I went too fuckin big then.. haha keep a bunch of plants in movable pots, if cops wanna see ur yard smash all the pots in the 10x10 area, lol.. you cant be scared or you'll never reach ur goals..

12. I'm considerate I have someone very close to me who is 60 years old, she has breast cancer , and just the other day she had a seizure that triggered a stroke , now she can't smoke and has to do chemo with no help from weed,she is the whole reason I started a grow this year.
    I know where your coming from

13. [quote name='"letstokeup"']because i smoke about 8 grams of hash every week...[/quote]

8G a week? Well damn.

image-1110121059.jpg

14. Honestly if you need that much and u want it to be legal ur friend is going to have to move to his own place and get his own canopy. But I digress u can easily fit 9 heavy hitting indicas in that spot and average 1.5-2 lbs per plant depending on how long you veg/grow them out.

15. Too lazy to edit: indicas are also the best for heavy pain from what I hear.

16. ya i mean i defintally am happy that i can finally grow my own. I dont have to run through dense bogs and rattlesnakes and all that but i am sick of paying 250 a oz for my meds. id much rather just grow it but if i am not able to produce what i need i guess i am left with two options. do it illegal. or spend a lot of hard earned money on something that i could easily produce myself if the government didnt try to regulate every damn thing in our lives.

17. but again.. does anyone know how i can possibly grow more than in a 100 square foot area. or basically how can i bypass this canopy square footage and just simply go by the plant count. I can easily deal with a 12 plant minimum and just grow monsters but 100 square feet kills the whole operation. I KNOW there are plenty of you guys on here that grow in california and legally grow a hell of a lot more than 100 squre feet, and its not like you are growing for a collective or anything, its generally all for yourselves like mine will be.

18. Nobody said you had to only do 1 grow in the spot, you sound like u don't know much about growing because you could easily have a perpetual grow where u veg indoors in a closet then move the plants outside to flower. With a green house you could do this all year round without it u could do it 9 months. You have 500 posts on this site and literally no concept of how to maximize a grow area.

19. of course i will be starting the plants inside and moving them outside once the weather is warm enough. i still only have a limited space to grow. The 100 sq foot canopy is TOTAL canopy space, so if i have plants inside vegging and then put them outside in my greenhouse in a perpetual grow like u said the sheriff will still count the plants inside. I can grow a total of 100 sq feet to stay within the law. You cant do multiple harvests a year outside unless you do light deprivation which i dont want to do. They go in the ground after the last frost and you pull em in early october depending on strain. Every one knows that

20. also it states in the law for the county im living you can only do 1 harvest outside per year. :mad: so regaurdless of whether or not i can get multiple harvests a year its illegal...