Cannot?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Digit, Nov 24, 2006.

1. "Can not", the language of control, of limitation, if you hear this, banish it from your thoughts, for you can! you can!

"just because we can, does not mean we should" - Spock

but at least then we have the freedom. :)

2. I cannot become a god and rule over the universe by writing this message.

:p

3. There is a difference between 'can not' and 'cannot.'

4. The difference being one is grammatically correct and the other is not? Note also the title of the thread. I believe it was written, "Can not" for a reason. And not because of any different meaning, I of course could be wrong.

And it was just a joke after all. ;)

5. 'Can not' means, you could choose not to do something. I.e., "I can not study for this test."

'Cannot' essentially means 'impossible.' I.e., "I cannot study for this test." (because of some limitation, etc.)

6. English is several thousand down my list of favourite topics, but i picked a cherry for yas anyway to attempt to pull your heads out of the details to see the bigger picture. stop playing with a grain of sand and see the beach!

http://www.bartleby.com/68/4/1104.html

note i even used american english rather than british english for yas.

how much can you live upto your name? sure liquid always acts as it does, flowing into the spaces as it does, but can you see the truth that flows from the statement "I can become a god and rule over the universe by writing this message." ...?

patience... let your image in ation unfurl...

7. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/can not

Well, I'll do a little test here and we'll see what happens.

I CAN become a god and rule over the universe by writing this message!

EDIT: Still ain't a god... If that happens to change, I'll post back and let ya know though. I do appreciate your belief in me! :) +rep (Well I would have, but I have to spread it around first.)