Cannot stop leaks HELP

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by joeyalf, Sep 25, 2012.

1. :confused:So I have 2 bubble buckets, and I am adding a resevoir to that. So there fore there will be 3 lines coming in/out of the 5 gal bucket. (1 for stone, 1 for water addition, 1 for water return) I cannot figure out a good way to seal these. I have tried epoxy, silicone, rubber grommets, a nylon barbed adapter connected with pvc cement. None of these have worked. I also have to have 3 lines running from the resevoir that I cannot figure out how to seal either. If anyone has ideas or has encountered this in the past, let me know please. :wave:

2. threaded to pvc adapter wih a set of rubber washers and a locking ring. sorry to hear all your troubles. a dab of silicone on the washers might even make it worse try without i havent used any additional things besides the washers. thicker o rings can also be used and found at local auto parts stores.

3. could you find a picture maybe? I understand the concept but I can't picture the piece in my head.

4. make sure you have the right size drill bit for the gromits .....and the rubber gromits inside size must be the same size as the pipe/tube,
    you don´t need a gromit for the air stone as you can just drill a hole in the lid.
    middy

5. I drilled 1" holes for mine, then put the gromets in, then put the barbed fitting. I then connected the hose to the barbed fitting. have been using it for about 2 months with no leaks. When you drill your holes, it's important to take the rough edges off. they can create gouges in the gromet when you put it in. The gromets I use are to fit 3/4" ID tubing. Hade to rub dish soap on the gromet to get it in.

6. spit works well, without the chemicals & shit you get in dish soap ;)
    middy

7. Are you using "thru hull" fittings to go through the buckets?

Attached Files:

8. ecoplus-rubber-grommet-.jpg
    This is the kind I used and just inserted the barbed fittig after it was seated.