Cannot figure this out

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Ojos En Fuego, Apr 25, 2007.

1. I've got some pics of my three plants on my grow journal below. They are all doing generally the same thing. Splotchy brown spots on the oldest (not lowest) leaves and slowly moving up to the higher and newer branches. My big strong fan leaves are in jeopardy and I'd like to get a decent diagnosis before my next watering so I know what to do.

Here's what I think:

1. Over fertilization, but I've only fertilized once. How strong are the ferts on Schultz potting soil?

2. Nitrogen deficiency, but I did fert them to get rid of the nute deficiency I thought I just had. Did I misdiagnose the first time?

3. Root bound. This is the most likely problem, but when I looked at the chart elsewhere on this site, it didn't say anything about splotches.

2. Sorry, I didn't link my grow right. How do you do that properly?

Anyway, if you want to see my pics, go to grow journals - indoor/outdoor grow: newbie with bagseed.

3. when viewing your grow page copy the "URL" of that page and paste it in your post OK

your plants are fert burnt and now you have a lockout...

you fertilized them too soon and started seedlings in pre-ferted soil so they are getting a double dose that they DONT NEED for another couple weeks

transplant to a better soil than scotts and feed with 1/4 strength ferts in 2 weeks