Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannibis bakery

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Bert56, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Ok all you foodies. I'm seeing some fabulous yummies being made by some of you. Any thoughts of opening a business selling your edibles? It's not legal yet in my state. I think I might want to open a wholesale bakery when it finally becomes legal here. Any opinions? Share your thoughts!

• Like Like x 2
  2. You need a business plan. "I might" isn't a business plan. It's an enormous undertaking, but folks have gotten rich baking for others. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. With all due respect...duhhh!!! Obviously you don't know my credentials but I'm well aware. I have a computer science degree as well as an MBA, not to mention over 30 years in business. I also have the financial means to pull it off. Just FYI, I'm a software development project manager. I'm just in the discovery stage of this. I wouldn't dream of spending a dime on this without a business plan. My question bwas merely a matter polling the group to see if others had considered doing it and why it why not do this. That's it. End of story. Thanks for your response, though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well, thank you, My response wan't helpful. I apologize, I figured you for an 18 year old blade, not a serious person with credentials. I can never get past the details in my thinking, not being a business person myself, just a 50 year smoker at age 66.Thanks for showing me respect I didn't deserve.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Aw. No harm, no foul, my friend. Lots of knowledge in your head to be sure!!! It's always nice to get feedback from others. Hopefully I didn't come off as insulting...not my intention at all! Have a great day

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you start a bakery, @Bert56, I will be your first customer if possible! You were very kind, Not insulting at all.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Folks keep telling me I'll be ahead of the curve when our state legalizes. Yeah right, uh, the cost of licenses and permits alone would be prohibitive. It's difficult enough just running a successful mainstream restaurant in any given city, throw in the stringent dosage regulations, and you're talking buying base product from a concentrate supplier who pays lab fees to meet these regs, or you have to do all that aspect as well.

How do you get a start-up business loan when the twain don't meet between banking and cannabis ? So many old time illegal operations weren't able to compete in their newly legal states because of all the red tape and no legitimacy for outdoor grows.

Deep pockets....very deep. More power to ya, if you can manage it!

• Like Like x 3
  8. There is plenty of potential there. When the time is right, go for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks! What is your experience?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've been laying the ground work for when it becomes legal in my state.
    I know I'd have a lot of hurdles to over come like, regulations, commercial kitchen etc... but, in the mean time I'm having a great time experimenting with different recipes.

Going in to the edibles business isn't something someone can do by first starting out from your home kitchen. At least not legally.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yep, me, too!!! But all the reading, OMG, it's boring as all get out! I know someone in AK who works for a cannabis company in Fairbanks. AK requires business owners to retain a consultant from an already legal state. This company got one from CO and paid him $500k. That's a huge amount of money but they are an operation with a footprint in every link of the supply chain. It's a big company and they're doing very well, largely due to picking the right consultant. Apparently, the chances are pretty good that you can be closed down due to some overlooked law/regulation or another. I guess a lot are shut down because they unknowingly broke a law, failed an inspection, etc. So having said all that, as boring as all the reading is, that's my focus these days!

12. No experience, other than a consumer of edibles!

• Like Like x 1