Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canni Tea

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lesterday, Mar 12, 2012.

1. A friend of mine who doesn't indulge gave me a sealed tea bag of canni tea from CO. :wave:

The contents are 1.0 G of goodness, black tea, apricot,meadowsweet,angelica,feverfew & grape seed oil.

I really don't want to screw up a whole Gramski , so any tips on how I should brew this and maybe how much I should drink ? I smoke about a Gram a day but I know the effects will probably be more potent , but I really don't know.

Would it be better to brew it in a small pan and drink a few cups or pour boiling water in a cup and just let it sit in there and drink it all in one cup ? I'm going to try it when I wake up in the morning, so any tips are appreciated.

Happy Tokin :smoke:

2. Id say brew 2 cups and finish them off 30 mins apart, when you smoke a gram a day do you just smoke a gram joint or hit a piece every couple hours?

3. You need something that thc is soluble in then add that too the tea... So idk put some weed in everclear then drink tea? Or brew it like tea with whole milk in it?

4. yeah just straight up tea with weed ain't gonna getcha high

5. #5 BadKittySmiles, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    If it has grapeseed oil, and if the makers knew what they were doing, then it should already be bioavailable and ready to consume, and it's as simple as brewing any cup of tea... although I'd give it a solid five to ten minutes of steeping, just to be on the safe side.

(You can also toss first-run tea bags in the freezer, and when you've collected four or five, brew them once again all together for an extra bonus dose! Depending how well you brewed them initially, it may be a bit stronger or a bit weaker than a single regular cup.)

edit - Keep in mind that if it was just hash or herb, and it had not already been processed correctly with oil, then you would need to begin with a pure oil source first, and it would be a much longer process!

To make the teabags 'functional', they simply take bioavailable canna oil, or preferably, hash oil (the same used for any other edible) and soak tea leaves, and often other flavorful or relaxing herbs with it, before bagging. :)

6. Thanks everyone for your input, especially badkittysmiles. I think they knew what they were doing, the label says its from Colorado springs made by a company called Medibles,INC.

I only have one bag so I'll give the regular way of brewing a try, thanks guys. If I remember I'll report my adventure.

7. steep for no more than 5 minutes. Since its a black tea 5 is as long as you want to brew it so it tastes better, the longer it steeps the more bitter it will taste. I like it on the bitter side so I take the full five minutes most of the time but it tastes a bit sweeter if steeped at 3 minutes also I usually put a bit of cream in when I make it with bud if only for the piece of mind that I'm getting all the goodness.

8. #8 BadKittySmiles, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012

Unless it's a ridiculously strong breakfast blend, I often prefer to leave my tea bags in my cup, the entire time I drink! Different teas also taste best when they are brewed at specific temperatures. :)

Rather than spending too much time typing it up myself, here's a simple guide that I agree with, for the most part;

"Black tea - Black is the most robust of the tea varieties and can be brewed in truly boiling water, usually steeped for 4-6 minutes. Oolong tea - As to be expected, oolong tea falls between green and black. The best temperature is around 190F. But oolong should be steeped longer than black tea, for around 5-8 minutes.
    Green tea - You will need to be more gentle with your green teas. The water temperature should be around 150-160F and only steeped for 2-4 minutes.
    White tea - Another delicate tea that should be treated gently. Water can be a bit warmer than for green tea, at 180F. You should let it steep longer though. At least 4-6 minutes.
    Rooibos tea - This red herbal tea from South Africa is very hardy stuff and should be prepared with fully boiling water, just like black tea.
    Most herbal teas - With so many different herbs that can be used for herbal tea blends, there is no way to give any temperature or steeping guidelines with any accuracy. Most herbs can be brewed in boiling water and steeped for about 5 minutes. You might need a bit of trial and error to get the perfect cup."

However: when it comes to canna tea, if you're unsure how it was made, the longer you steep the better.

And if you're using bud to 'make a tea', instead of a clinic tea bag that has already been infused with an active, bioavailable oil, you should be spending HOURS heating gently in a pure oil source, before blending with tea and drinking!
    Consider how long it takes to make quality oil, without water... it takes many, many times longer when your oil source and solvent, is contaminated with water. This is why the water-butters of the old days took between 15 - 24 hours to finish! Any less, and you're missing out on a large portion of your potency.

Remember, the best canna teas are not made just by boiling water and cream, then adding bud.. they start with a pure oil source.

That is why there is grapeseed oil in the teabag; the clinic (or makers) already spent the time making a bioavailable hash or canna oil, then added it to the tea blend. If you want to make your own at home, that's all you need to do! Just apply one dose of oil, per roughly 1.3 - 2 grams of your favorite loose tea depending on the type and your preferred strength per cup.

When treating a 50 gram canister or bag of tea for instance, you'll need about 35 - 40 doses depending on the type of tea and how many cups it makes.

Or you can drip your oil directly on to your tea bags, individually, then re-seal them once the oil has distributed and the bags appear 'dry'.

You 'can' do the same with a glycerin tincture as well, but only if you have a very air-tight jar to keep your tea in... glycerin attracts up to 20% its weight in atmospheric moisture, and perpetually soggy tea will go off much sooner. This is why oil is ideal, it is 'dry' and won't attract moisture!

At home, we often use glycerin hash tincture with our favorite teas, just after brewing! :smoke:

[​IMG]

And some canna tea biscuits, for fun...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Some real good tips in here. I don't get too into it with tinctures but I make oil and it turns out pretty nice for a morning or mid afternoon cup. I have to say its honestly one of my favorite ways to chill and generally makes me feel a lot healthier.

10. The Peanut Butter Cashew Hash Cookies look delicious, I'll have to trade the glass of wine for a glass of chocolate almond milk, yummy.

I must say the tea was pretty good tasting, I put a little bit of honey but that's it. I even left the Tea bag in the cup which didn't make it taste too bitter. The high was mild it wasn't too intense.

11. :wave: wow, feel free to invite me over for tea any time guys.