Cannaoil from males

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by outdoorgrowman, Aug 12, 2012.

1. So this season i didnt have as many plants as i would like to only 4 and 3 of them turned out male. So to get a lil more yield i am going to make some cannaoil from the males. Im drying them now. What i plan on doing is chopping everything up/grinding it all and put it in vegetable or canola or someother type of cooking oil and letting it sit for a few day and strain out the plant material and bake up a batch of cannabrownies and maybe some ricecannatreats or something.

What do you guys think? Will it even be potent or is it just a waste of time?

2. #3 Seven Flower, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    I think it's an excellent idea! There's no sense in wasting it, right? Possibly a smokable oil, instead of an edible one, might be more useful (more concentrated). That, or I'd consign them to the compost pile to further enrich next year's harvest. Recycling is pro.

From the abstract of Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco, by Stambouli H, El Bouri A, Bellimam MA, Bouayoun T, El Karni N. of the Forensic Science Laboratory, Gendarmerie Royale, Rabat, published in Bull Narc. 2005;57(1-2):79-118.

I, personally, would like to see further data. If you do choose to do an extract, please document your process carefully and provide us with the results. Unless you have lab equipment, you won't be able to provide the same quality data, but as anecdotal evidence it may prove useful.

3. I had two males and processed them into oil in my crock pot. It was not as strong as the oil I had from other trimmings but it did do the trick. I really was surprised that I got high at all. One brownie got me to about a [6] for a around 5 hours. My other brownies were by far stronger for a whole, one of course.