Cannalope bagseed journey:)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LOj_selassie, Feb 7, 2014.

1. First journal blades;)
    Happy to finally be in this kind of position. I have a mediocre grasp of indoor organic growing compiled of knowledge I've collected from other growers and internet databases alike. Here goes nothing, thanks for tagging along!

On Jan 19 my germed cannalope bagseed pushed its way up to the surface of the sta-green Lowe's potting compund. It appeared healthy upon first glance but developed HORRIBLE nute burn from the mix. If Your new at this I strongly advise you not to fuck with Monsanto products or store.bought soil loaded with chems. I had transplanted at 1 week into 3.5 gallon bucket with 30/70 chunky perlite/ffof. It recovered almost immediately man(within 48hrs) I thought I was going to lose it. It's looking nice and healthy now at day 19 but it's a little short so I moved the light up.

Here's my set up so far:
    All 5400 or 5600k temp
    -125 watt cfl
    - x4 12watt cfls
    -x4 32 watt cfls

Feeding 1500ml RO as needed
    Thanks guys!
    Pics might be sideways:(

Attached Files:

2. Environment is 8x9 bathroom in basement temps at 80-84 all day. Oscillating fan on medium in the corner.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Light schedule at 20/4

4. Moved her to 25 gallon smart pot today. Little to no apparent shock. I hope she stands up soon !

Attached Files:

5. Looking good today. :)

Attached Files:

6. Seeing more growth from the top. Averaging about a leaf set per week now 😁. Vert growth not looking to impressive however...maybe it's in her genes

Attached Files:

7. Here are some commercial bag seedlings I got going with her

Attached Files:

8. Pretty bad deficiency....I think it's nitrogen but I just can't tell. I fed lightly to try and correct with all purpose plant food 24 percent nitrogen with small amounts in the pk range diluted HEAVILY as I do not wish to overdo things. I'm hoping she turns around here's a shot from last night before I fed. Chime in if you please!

Attached Files:

9. Replanted into 3 gallon to save her. Here she is after 32 hours

Attached Files:

10. Topped 2 bag seedlings, left the other alone.

11. Here they are

Attached Files:

12. Update; cannalope recovered quite nicely, I'll be flowering soon!:) she is in the first picture , the second will be the larger of my other two seedlings as I have topped the third. Thanks for following along!

Attached Files:

13. Update: Cannalope and my largest seedling have entered a photoperiod change to 12/12 to induce flowering for 3 days now. I threw in some 200w equivalent 2700k cfls to help things along untill I run out and get my Raptor and 1k today. The first pics will feature those two (I was letting water runoff in the picture) and the second will be of the last baby I have been training in veg in my closet:))

Attached Files:

14. Yes that's a desk lamp don't judge me hahaha:) my 125w will go to my veg room today anyway!

Attached Files:

15. Went with the 8 inch cool tube and the hortilux 1000watt super hps bulb instead. Got her set up last night with an sg lite mag ballast. Also picked up some nutes , a loupe and a timer to save me a trip down the road

Attached Files:

16. Photoperiod at 12/12 for almost 10 days. Still no signs of sex

Attached Files:

17. 1 confirmed female!!!:):):) the one in the second picture started pushing pistils yesterday. Just waiting on the cannalope to show sex now. Have 4 others in early veg and germing some more beans, might mess with cloning if I run to the hydro store again this weekend

Attached Files:

18. Well it looks I'll have two girls for my first grow! Pretty excited . Feeding Pure organic bloom formula granules every other watering at 1/4th strength.with success so far. This is a shot of the pistols on the larger of my two ladies whom I will now refer to as Rita.

Attached Files:

19. Update: Coming along nicely . Stepping up the nute.schedule gradually. My ladies appear to be pleased.

Attached Files:

20. #20 RandallFlag, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    It is seem very healthy babylon, keep those updates :metal: