Cannacoconut oil

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Adreeisadyno, Mar 27, 2016.

1. So I read that you can use coconut oil to clean your grinder, and I did, and it worked very well. But now I have this weed infused coconut oil, and I'm not sure if it's good for baking. Can I use this coconut oil for anything?

2. I'll answer your question, but ask yourself: if the coconut oil was food-safe before, and now it's weed-infused coconut oil that ran through your grinder, what exactly are you concerned has changed its ability to be used for baking?

The answer to your question is baking.

3. I mean will it make effective, potent edibles? I use coconut oil in normal cooking and baking all the time, but will this coconut oil effectively get one high when used in baking

4. It's going to do more than coconut oil that hadn't been run through your grinder. Will it be enough to get you high? I can't tell you for certain. How potent is it? Depends on how much oil you used and how full of cannabinoids your grinder was.

Also, depending on what you cook your oil into and how long you heat it for, you might want to heat the coconut oil on low heat for 30 minutes to 1 hour before using it to make sure the cannabinoids are decarboxylated and orally active.

5. Thank you. It was a very well used grinder and I can see a lot of residue in the container

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. The trouble with going at it the way you did is there isn't a nice way to decarboxylate that now infused oil..
    Cannabis is very hard to decarb once it's immersed in oil that why we decarb before hand for the best results..
    Next time decarb the grinder 220 degrees F for 40 to 60 minutes in a covered dish, Foil pouch, Oven cooking bag.. Now your cannabis material is Active and you can proceed with your preparation..
    A simple rinse and scrub with a tooth brush and some high proof 151 or 190 drinking grade ever clear will get you a golden dragon..
    [​IMG]
    This was done with hash but the idea is the same..
    2 ounce dropper bottle
    2 grams decarbed hash-kief-powdered bud
    2 ounces high proof grain drinking grade alcohol..
    '
    At this strength just a couple of eye droppers worth in your beverage or shot under your tongue..
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    More hash, oil and tincture fun here

BNW

7. You do need to decarb it, but you can still do that. It's easy to do, you're just going to have to cook the oil. Look for recipes on making cannabutter without re-decarbing the weed. You're basically going to be cooking that oil on the stove or in a crockpot for a few hours.