Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ddice502, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Starting off by grinding up 14 grams of high grade in a blender until it's rolling consistency. Then placing in oven for an hour in 225 for decarb. After it's cooled I'm placing in slow cooker with 2 and a half sticks of butter and a cup of water. Leaving on low overnight (at least 12 hours.) Straining through cheesecloth. Putting in fridge for 3 hours to separate water and butter. Draining water then making brownies.

So i know i wasn't that detailed but what are your preliminary thoughts? I've tried and failed twice.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. My thoughts is that you're decarbing and that's what's killing the THC and you're leaving it in the slow cooker too long.

Decarbing will kill THC if done too hot and throwing it into a slow cooker over night will most def cook out the THC.

My advice is to use ground weed but not decarbed. The heat from the slow cooker will do the trick and allow for the THC to be extracted into the butter anyways. No more than 8 hours on low in the slow cooker. 7-8 is a perfect time frame.

3. Ok I've put in 14.5g of quality 2.5 sticks of butter. 1 cup of water. It's on low. Lid on. Any more suggestions? 8 hours from now hopefully it's go time.

Attached Files:

4. This is 2 hours in. How things looking? Low temp? Higher temp? Add more water?

Any advice is helpful advice.

Attached Files:

5. There's some stream on the top of the lid only shortly after replacing it. Is that a sign the temp is too high?

6. Some picks of last night after 8 hours. It has been in the fridge chilling over night I'll have picks of it up in a few minutes. Hope it turns out well. So sick of failure with this.

Attached Files: