Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cannabutter with 1/8th

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by joeya28, Mar 26, 2011.

1. before I cooked my cannabutter I read on line that it wasnt worth it to make such a small amount but I went for it anyway and it was awesome. so I though I would share my process with everyone so those of you who want to make cannabutter but don't have a half or OZ to do it.

get a pot of water boiling on the stove pot size doesnt really matter but smaller is easier, also the amount of water doesn't matter but you want enough to keep the butter away from the hot bottom. Then add a half stick of butter to the boiling water for about a min, let the butter bubble up for a min, then turn it down to a simmer and add your 1/8th (I used dank), I let that simmer on the stove for about 3 hours then I turned the heat down and let it sit off the stove for a few min. Then Filter the mixture through a striner into a container (I used one with a top in case it got bumped in the fridge) and press out all the liquid you can, I heated up a small cup of water and poured it through the weed left in the strainer to get any remaining butter. Then put your container in the fridge until cool you should see that your nice green un-burnt butter is on top with a lot of nasty brown water on the bottom. So cut around the edges of the container with a butter knife and lift the butter out don't forget any smaller pieces that break off!

Now cook that into anything you want and enjoy! I cooked it into brownies that called for one stick of butter so I cut the mixture in half along with all the other ingredients and made a small sheet of brownies.I cut the brownies in to 4 peices and ate one, and got really really stoned (have a pretty high tolerance, I smoke at least once a day) It was an awesome high and I know using 1/8th isnt the best way to try edibles but for someone who really wants to try edibles at home and cant dump a half oz into it I would definitely suggest doing this it worked great and was very fun. Enjoy!:smoke::smoke::smoke:

This was my second time doing this and my first time using water to cook the butter in, I found that this worked really well and made a great batch of brownies but like i said its only my second time so if you have anything to add please feel free!

2. great post man about to try it in your exact way

3. It's great to see that you have an interest in edible cannabis, cooking with a few grams is very easy and should not at all be discouraged. :)

Just remember, edible cannabis can potentially be much more powerful than smoking the same amount... but only with the correct processing! :) A green oil does not indicate potency, it indicates inert plant matter (chlorophyll)! This is present because of the water you used. A dark amber-brown oil indicates glandular material, not burning or burnt oil. Not unless both temperatures and time-frames which could cause burning have been exceeded. Water pulls in loads of inert plant matter, while preventing the glandular material from entering the oil as quickly or efficiently as it otherwise could. In other words, water hinders the process you're trying to encourage, and it allows your oil to become contaminated with chlorophyll, bitter salts and plant wax.

That 'nasty brown water' actually contains a TON of your un-infused potency... this is an excerpt from just earlier today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just remember to decarb, and keep clarified butter, and either double boiling or the oven in mind for the future.. this way, you won't need to dilute your oil source, or worry about inviting unwanted inert impurities into your oil, and you also wont need to worry about draining off any potentially valuable potency in the form of 'waste water' :)

As far as the oven goes, you have several options depending how much material you're working with.. for smaller amounts of herb, or hash, a small ceramic dish or bowl will do..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And when working with larger amounts, a pyrex/glass pie dish can be useful. You can see how dark the oil is, and just how green the plant matter remains. Also, note that there is no green in the 'foam' resting at the top of the freshly strained canna oil. The foam is an aber-gold. Inspite of the lesser heat exposure, the oil itself is dense and dark with converted/activated glandular material, and rather than tasting 'green', salty or very bitter, it tastes mainly of a hashy vaporizer hit;

[​IMG]

Hope this helps. :)