Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter..share your recipe

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by jimbo02816, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Anyone in here make cannabutter? If so please share your recipe. My butter is killer. My caregiver's wife ate one of my brownies and thought I laced them with acid. She was very fucked up. The secret is decarbolizing the weed and letting it simmer for 18 hours. So what's your recipe?

2. I prefer coconut oil to butter..........butter goes bad over time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. But I don't waste time. Brownies gone within 1 week..friends, family..they all look forward to them..lol.

4. I prefer canna caps.........I hate the taste of cannabutter..........plus, no calories.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah I'm not very fond of the taste but when mixed with brownies can't really taste it.

6. I always go with the hot cold method, decarb just the same but simmer for 10 mins in butter or oil (I like coconut oil) at 110 degrees f, then pour it right freon the stove into a pyrex dish and throw in the fridge for 24 hrs covered. After the fridge re heat the hard butter candy you've made another 10 mins and your done! Strain everything thru cheese cloth and back in the fridge goes the butter. Throw away all flower because its junk now. Less time over heat I find is better when I make butter or oil. The freeze/thaw or hardening/re melting breaks down the buds in some way as you only need little heat to finish extract. I learned everything from this site sorry cant find links

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

7. Decarb for 40 minutes @ 240 dgrs
    Infuse for two hours @ 160 dgrs
    Strain for better flavor and mouth feel.

I find that increasing heat time on infusion will degrade my product.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. I do pretty much the same as this apart from I put my stuff in a stocking before adding it to butter then I strain by hand after 2 hours :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 OldUR, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Old habit. I homebrewed beer for a long time. Lots of brewers used hop sacks, but I preferred using whole hop and tossing them directly into the wort. Personal preference. Both work fine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.

5 grams of decarbed Kief or Hash or Powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

Kief-Hash 1 drop = 3mg
    Buds 1 drop = 1 mg.

[​IMG]

Cranked out another 500 of these over the last 3 days,
    Now these ARE like a tab of..........

Coconut oil hits in half the time it takes butter.
    Lecithin acts as a strength enhancer and really gets the most from each mg used.
    Long cooks degrade the THC and I like to be as awake as I can to enjoy my stone. My wife keeps accusing me of being wired. Well it does do that to me dear...
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1