cannabutter question.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by kingbud9000, Dec 5, 2011.

1. hey just wondering how much butter/water i should use for 2 oz of trim to make decent butter thats not REAL strong or REAL weak lol??

Edit: btw plz leave me your methods of doing it just to see the difference from how i was going to, also good to know if theres any easier less fail way (im a cannabutter noob rofl)

2. I would use a stick of butter per ounce. And you can use a crockpot or a double boiler or even just throw it in a pan together but be careful butter burns easily.
    Also remember to strain your butter.no one likes shake between their teeth.

3. #3 Tonywax, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
    I put 4oz of trim to 12 sticks. The trim is very potent tho.

My method is I fill a pot with about a quart of water and all the trim. Then add the butter and crank it full blast until it starts to boil stirring frequently. Once at a boil I reduce heat to very low and cover the pot with it's lid. I let my butter cook for 8 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. After I strain it into a very large Pyrex dish and place in fridge overnight. After cut into chunks and strain the water put from underneath it

Edit: the amount of water does not really matter because it separates from the butter once it hardens. The water prevents the butter from burning so i put a little extra just so it doesn't all boil off.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Don't mind the reply's to the recipe, it is solid
    Good luck :wave:
    Do dry the leafs before trying for a few days
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...a-free-cannabutter-any-level.html#post9967363

5. well i made myn with 1 1/2 half oz of trim/leaves to 1lb butter, in a pot and such as most ppl do, only thing i fucked up on is it does have some trim chunks in it from my shit strainer (didnt have cheese cloth and i figured its the result not the taste we are after) lol
    will let you guys know how they turn out (ive had many cookies and such before but never this strong smelling, bit scared to try haha)

6. I have a shit ton of dank trim. I usually make butter only with bud. But I have all this trim. So I'm wondering how much trim to butter ratio