Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter Question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by TGB1178, Feb 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I made some Cannabutter a little while back and keep it in the freezer. One small container of it had been taken out, it melted, and we put it back in the freezer. When I just took it out, it has a dark slush around the brim. The slush tastes like super salty pot. I ate some and am waiting to see if it does anything but I can't figure out what happened or what exactly it is. Anyone else have something like this happen before?

2. Dark slush is probably plant matter. Might have a little THC, best bet is to scrape it away and just eat the butta

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. chron buter can quickley becum nut buter lol :smoke:

4. You used salted butter? When using dairy butter, clarify it first (skimming all milk solids and salt that floats to the top) Then add your weed. I started using coconut oil instead to eliminate the clarifying process, and found it to be an excellent carrier for the job. You can find coconut oil that has no coconut flavor, and the cost of a pound of butter is comparable to that of the oil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Coconut oil is superior in all respects when it comes to edible cannabis oil. It hits twice as fast as butter does and has an excellent room temperature storage that butter does not.
    Experiment to find your own choice in Oils. Any Cooking oil works from Avocado to Safflower with Bacon Fat being one of my top choices after Coconut oil.

[​IMG]

LouAna is my personal choice as it has no coconut smell or taste. It's about as neutral an oil as I've found and the price point is very acceptable.
    Needs no refrigeration after opening :)

Decarb Cannabis 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered

5 grams powdered buds or Hash
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done...

Fills 30 (0) capsules. @ 25mg each when using buds. 80mg with hash.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

6. Thanks for the tip about clarifying the butter first. Unfortunately I can use coconut oil as I'm allergic to it, probably wouldn't be much fun. Lol

7. +1 for BACON FAT!