Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cannabutter leftover, can i make tea?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dorus, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Hi, so one of my friend made cannabutter. i asked him to give me the leftover weed he strained from his butter to make tea. Would that work? If not tea, can i make something with this leftover or there is mostly no thc anymore? if that would work on tea, how would i prepare it? adding it to a cup of boiling water and let it sit for 5-10 min would that work?

Attached Files:

2. There are many, many reports of potent sludge on the internet.
    Lab tests I've seen show that only about half the original thc makes it into strained butter.
    Some of that is probably lost forever, but much remains in the sludge.
    Your friend has given you almost half his original herb, and it should make a potent tea.
    You could probably even use 190 proof ethanol to extract the medicine (along with some butter) from the sludge, and then strain out the now-spent sludge. Everclear 190 is great at extraction, oil/butter not so good.