Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NeonStormz, May 29, 2016.

1. Hey guys, so I decided to make some cannabutter yesterday. I used about 1/4 oz since I only want a small batch of brownies, decarbed my bud for about 45 minutes on 240 degrees, and now cooking the butter in my crockpot. I'm short on time and was wondering if 2 hours in the pot will be worth it?

2. Sounds like overkill

• Like Like x 1
  3. How so? What would you have changed in this situation?

4. Honestly it depends on the temp used and method. That's why I find it easier to pick a recipe from Google that I find easy to follow and just follow it completely. Most of the time it's turned out great.

If you're using the boiling water method (so the weed is getting heated at 100 degrees C) then I've heard of people keeping it for 8 hours or even longer, since it's not high enough destroy the cannabinoids.
    I believe they will eventually degrade and turn into more of a Stoney high the more you heat it.

If your not using any water and the oil/weed is directly touching the heat source then I think 2 hours is a good enough time.

I've only made cannabutter around 5 times, and the first four times have been consistently decent, but the last batch was insanely strong (according to my friend, edibles have yet to get me a noticeable high D: ) I followed this recipe

TLDR this is the best recipe I've found:

How to make the most potent Cannabis oil. AKA "canna butter". - Dude Grows

I think the lechtin really helped. It was a bit greener than usual but nothing else changed with the product other than the actually strength.