Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter cooking questions

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Overlordodium, Aug 21, 2008.

1. So I've been trying to make some cannabutter to test, and I've been doing the math. I don't want to feel ripped off so I was planning on using around 3 grams of juicy fruit, and scaling the whole cooking process. Going by the pound for ounce ratio on most recipes; I'll add around a 1/4 cup of margarine and double boil for 30 minutes etc (Going by Indianatokers post) .. Now for the questions:

1) Im pretty big guy (6'2'' 220) with heavy tolerance will this get a good buzz going?
    2) How much water should I add with the weed/butter? (since its already in a pot over water it doesnt need water to stop burning? Or does water help the filtering process?)

Thanks in advance guys.

2. Thats not enough weed, For 1 cup of quality cannabutter you need at least 10 grams plus.

3. Yes but how much cannabutter does one need for a single dose?

EDIT: by the way, Juicy Fruit sounds like an amazing strain to cook with. I can just imagine the aroma :D

4. Two sticks of butter equals a cup, so for 1 stick of butter or a half cup would use no less then 5 grams. A half a stick or quarter cup should be the amount you need for 3 grams of weed. But that dosage may not be adequate, in edible terms that is a very low concentration.

5. But going by that ratio, that means 1/4 cup = 2.5 grams a bit less than mine. I just want one dose to give it a test run :)

Exactly why I wanted to try sam spade ;) I was thinking of putting it in some delicious coffee.

6. Yes 2.5 grams is the mathematical measurement for a 1/4 cup, But when I make cannabutter I focus on THC concentration in the butter I rarely use less then 14 grams for 1 cup and often 20 grams for 1 cup.

But yes I suppose you can use 3 grams for a 1/4 cup, But the effects may be minimal.

7. I decided to give it a try, and ended up putting around 3.5 or 4 grams into 1/4 a cup of margarine. Its 20 minutes into the 2 hour cook so far.. So I'm just smoking some bowls :smoke:

I'll let you guys know how it goes

8. #8 MakeArtCrimes, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
    Soo.. How did it go?
    :poke:

Edit: Didn't realize at first this was over a year ago