Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter and Brownie question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by JM-514, May 13, 2010.

1. Im gonna make brownies and i was wondering if once you remove the weed from the cannabutter if you could put it in the brownie mixture and also lets say i make a cup of cannabutter and the recipe for the brownies only uses half a cup would the brownies be more potent if i add the whole cup or am i better off making another batch

2. I'm also making brownies today!

Some people add the weed and some don't. Not putting the weed in will give you better tasting brownies, so I hear. I left the weed in in my last batch, and they tasted just fine. The brownie flavor overpowered almost all of the weed flavors.

If you properly extract the THC from the weed, I assume you will be fine NOT adding the weed in, since it should have very little THC in it.

As for using just a half cup of butter, perhaps you should put the same amount of weed you would for a full cup, but only use a half cup of butter. That way you have twice as potent butter/brownies, and you can just make one batch of brownies. For the batch I'm making today, I'm going to be putting 7-9 grams of mids for a half-stick of butter.

I'd like to see what other people have to say about this as well because I was planning on leaving the weed in for my batch today.