Cannabis VS Cancer

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by AnnCannabis, May 6, 2015.

1. Marijuana is used for medical purposes to fight against the symptoms accompanying cancer (pains, nausea, and appetite loss). However, the Israeli scientists consider that cannabis can be used much more widely in fight against cancer.  Israel's oldest daily newspaper "Haaretz" reports that staff members of the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology - began an investigation of the influence of marijuana on the development and growth of cancer cells.
    To read how cannabis can help read health-portal.me

Attached Files:

• 40.jpg
      40.jpg
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. old news

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

• Like Like x 2
  3. When they have exhausted all normal medical avenues and been basically sent home to Die with a "We've done all we can for your Cancer" is when they knock on my door looking for help. In all cases they had 1 foot in the grave and looked like a Nazi death camp survivor. Within two weeks of starting my Lecithin boosted RSO they already look better. At 4 weeks you would not know it was the same person.

The more stoned you can stand to be the faster it works. Direct correlation. If I can get 2 more years of quality life from someone that far gone just imagine what it might do for someone only half that sick.
    I'm 7 of 8 as my Brotherinlaw wouldn't take it when I offered and he was dead in just 90 days. I'm trying to get my 100 yr old mother in law on it as her mouth cancer has returned with a vengeance.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. the human endocannabinoid system is our cancer defense plain and simple ... plant cannabinoids are some of the most active compounds to bolster the system and activate it etc..... suck a shame we have been banning this research and the whole freakin plant ... what a twisted political derived mess

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #6 Storm Crow, Apr 28, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    Annie, hon, Good message, wrong forum! The kids here at Grass City have access to "Granny Storm Crow's List"
    New July 2021 "Granny Storm Crow's List" which covers most of the conditions that cannabis treats in detail and much more! You might take a look at it. These are a few of the thousands of studies that I have collected. Some of these are kind of old, but still mind-blowing. :eek2:

Cannabis extract treatment for terminal acute lymphoblastic leukemia with a Philadelphia chromosome mutation (full – 2013) Cannabis Extract Treatment for Terminal Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia with a Philadelphia Chromosome Mutation (the 1st RSO study)

Cannabinoids Increase Lung Cancer Cell Lysis By Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells Via Upregulation of ICAM-1 (abst – 2014) Cannabinoids increase lung cancer cell lysis by lymphokine-activated killer cells via upregulation of ICAM-1 - ScienceDirect

Striking lung cancer response to self-administration of cannabidiol: A case report and literature review. (UK) (full – 2019) Striking lung cancer response to self-administration of cannabidiol: A case report and literature review

CBD Reverts the Mesenchymal Invasive Phenotype of Breast Cancer Cells Induced by the Inflammatory Cytokine IL-1β. (Mexico) (full – 2020) CBD Reverts the Mesenchymal Invasive Phenotype of Breast Cancer Cells Induced by the Inflammatory Cytokine IL-1β

Lung cancer patient who had declined conventional cancer treatment: could the self-administration of 'CBD oil' be contributing to the observed tumour regression? (UK) (full – 2021)
    https://web.archive.org/web/20211016023102id_/https://casereports.bmj.com/content/bmjcr/14/10/e244195.full.pdf

Inhalant Cannabidiol Inhibits Glioblastoma Progression Through Regulation of Tumor Microenvironment. (USA) (abst – 2021) Inhalant Cannabidiol Inhibits Glioblastoma Progression Through Regulation of Tumor Microenvironment - PubMed

This is not a study but it is eye-opening! “Cancer the tumors are really shrinking”
    The Tumors Are Really Shrinking

And be sure to look into the Omega 3/ CB1 connection! You can't properly hook up the CB1 receptors without it! Most people are deficient in omega 3 and that affects how healthy our endocannabinoid systems are (and how high we can get :smoke:)! Cannabis can't fight cancer (or do anything else) with defective, "uncoupled" receptors! The good news is that a month or so of Omega 3 supplements can get your body replacing the defective receptors. This can make a big difference in how well cannabis works in a cancer patient! :yay:

Here's the earliest study on how a lack of Omega 3 affects the endocannabinoid system and our behavior.

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. (abst – 2011) Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions - PubMed (n-3 = Omega 3)

"We found that lifelong n-3 PUFAs dietary insufficiency specifically ablates long-term synaptic depression mediated by endocannabinoids in the prelimbic prefrontal cortex and accumbens. In n-3-deficient mice, presynaptic cannabinoid CB(1) receptors (CB(1)Rs) normally responding to endocannabinoids were uncoupled from their effector G(i/o) proteins. Finally, the dietary-induced reduction of CB(1)R functions in mood-controlling structures was associated with impaired emotional behavior. These findings identify a plausible synaptic substrate for the behavioral alterations caused by the n-3 PUFAs deficiency that is often observed in western diets.”

(I sometimes wonder how much of our modern violence is due to "impaired emotional behavior" from too little Omega 3.)

This deficiency is implicated in many of our physical ailments.

“Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today's Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, whereas increased levels of omega-3 PUFA (a low omega-6/omega-3 ratio) exert suppressive effects.” From “The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids” The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids - PubMed

And I am done procrastinating- back to working on my List!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Nothing will change unless we can stop being seen as "the last resort". We should be one of the first stops on the treatment journey.
    I tip my hat to you BNW.

• Like Like x 2
  7. docs knows this too but worry more about their paycheck instead of curing people . so manty examples of people being shunned from the system and last resort cannabis helping them way more than anything else tried ... docs just say something like non medical intervention or something instead of actually admitting that cannabis pl;ant medication is real and repeatable

8. 1. What strains have cannabidiol? In the flower or what parts of the plant?

2. I have seen anecdotal statements to the effect : Cannabis roots have cancer fighting properties. - What type and how to use?

If anyone has answers, please share.

9. CBD is created on surfaces of exposed parts of the plant as all other [phytocannabinoids are made and the Flowers are where most are created ... they are secondary metabolites ... there are no cannabinoids on the roots of the pl;ant, the roots have essential amino acids and other types of compounds that could help with cancer etc... the activity of cannabinoids ( metabolism) in our cells makes them way more capable of helping with cancer
    you can search - CBD Flower and find online sites that sale and ship CBD flower

10. How much does one need to take for it to be effective?

11. It varies to much from person to person for a blanket answer. How good the Liver conversion from Delta-9-THC to 11-Hydroxy-THC depends on how well your individual body produces the conversion enzyme.
    ====================Web grab
    11-HYDROXY-THC DOSAGE
    The exact ideal dosage of 11-Hydroxy-THC is quite tricky, if not impossible, to determine. However, when you make cannabis edibles, they initially contain Delta-9 THC. So, we can link the dosage of 11-Hydroxy-THC to the consumption of cannabis edibles because the body eventually metabolizes Delta 9 THC content into 11-Hydroxy.

Each person has a unique internal physiology, and therefore, each medication experience can vary greatly depending on the person, especially herbal medications. With cannabis, several factors can make a difference, such as digestive factors, tolerance or history of previous use, and the sensitivity and functionality of each person’s endocannabinoid system. For example, some people are susceptible to cannabis and may not need doses greater than 1 to 5 mg of cannabis when ingested to achieve its full potential.

So if you eat cannabis edibles rich in Delta 9 THC, you already know that your body will transform it into 11-Hydroxy-THC. Considering this, we will describe a little the effects it can generate in relation to the amounts ingested. Thus, we find that:

• 1 to 2.5mg THC: Effects include increased focus and creativity. The relief of mild symptoms of stress, anxiety, and pain. This dosage is ideal for patients looking to microdose.
    • 2.5 to 15mg of THC: You may experience an inevitable deterioration in coordination and perception and a certain feeling of euphoria. At the same time, get relief from stronger symptoms of anxiety and pain. In addition, this dose improves the quality of sleep.
    • 15 to 30mg of THC: May cause impaired perception and coordination. Unaccustomed patients may experience some unwanted effects. This dose is ideal for previously medicated patients with a history of higher tolerance and for patients seeking help to treat insomnia.
    • 30 to 50mg of THC: For patients with a significant tolerance to THC or with low absorption of cannabinoids. Coordination and perception will definitely be affected, and this type of dose can generate an intense euphoria in unaccustomed users.
    • 50 to 100mg THC: This 11-Hydroxy-THC dosage is only for experienced users with a high tolerance to THC. It is ideal for cancer patients, inflammatory disorders, and conditions that need high doses of THC. However, this amount of 11 hydroxy has a high probability of impairing perception and coordination. Moreover, this compound can generate some negative effects such as increased heart rate, nausea, and pain.
    Once you pass the 100mg threshold, the risks of experiencing adverse effects associated with overconsumption increase. Even for users with a high tolerance, 150mg doses or more can generate unwanted sensations, nausea, vomiting, paranoia, or cold sweats. Therefore, we recommend not exceeding these limits.
    ======================= End
    Delta 11 Hydroxy THC vs Delta 9 | Botany Farms
    Source.

RSO like any edible needs to be slowly increased until effects are felt. Then dialed up as high as the patient can stand. The intensity of the stone is the limiting factor. From what I've seen the higher the level of stone the person is willing to tolerate the faster we see improvement.

Finding that initial dose.
    Take 10mg
    Wait 2-3 hours
    If not stone
    Take 20mg more
    Wait an additional 2-3 hours
    If not stoned
    Take 40mg more
    Wait
    If not

Keep doubling and waiting between until effects are felt. Now you have a baseline to work from. Fine tune as needed. Most of the people I create capsules for find 6 drops (25mg) to be a workable dose. Some like my wife are hyper sensitive to edibles and 2mg lights her up. I'm the other end of the scale and I take 75mg every morning.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1