Cannabis to be legalized in part of Spain

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by fredlify, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Is there any other source for this? I've been searhcing google and only THIS ONE website comes up.. not sure whether to trust.

2. #3 fredlify, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
  3. It has been in talk for a while as far as I know. Having lived in Spain myself, I did see this coming. Cannabis is everywhere in Spain. Everyone Grows it. Everyone smokes it and most people don't have a problem with it. It is a very relaxed country and i'm excited to see how they handle this decision in 2012.

Plus, they could really do with the money.

4. I don't know much about Spanish politics, do the Basque government have the power to do this?

5. I think it still need a majority decision. And this is just saying that a bill will go in 2012. So definitely not a guarantee it will even happen.. Just discussing it. Spain is so corrupt though, I wouldn't be surprised if this was rushed through in an attempt to bring them out of the bottom of the recession pit.

Time will tell. It is a step in the right direction though, that's for sure.

Really though, it's pretty much legal anyway. When I was growing over there the cops once visited my house and found my plants. I was ready to get carted away. Instead, they gave me growing tips and told me to cut them down soon.

6. They do seem quite liberal when it comes to cannabis, aren't cannabis clubs quite common there?

7. any developments?

8. [quote name='"Mat369"'] Instead, they gave me growing tips and told me to cut them down soon.[/quote]

Lol that's some funny shit

9. I would also like to be informed of the goings-on of legal cannabis in Basque. Any news blades? I'm sure some of our Euroblades keep an eye on these things.

10. It seems plausible. The basque region is different from the rest of Spain. It enjoys a good amount of self autonomy and even speak their own language. Very possible :D

11. The people from this region have always wanted to be different from the rest of spain. Great move, maybe I'll pay them a visit this summer, if you know what I mean :smoking:

12. Nah man - hit 'em up around Oct/Nov if you know what I mean