Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis Tincture

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Gorgaflog, Apr 17, 2019.

1. So I made 4 ounces of cannabis tincture with a 1/2oz of bud and 190 proof everclear, and put each oz in a 1oz amber glass dropper bottle.

I have a couple questions that come to mind after consumeing 1 whole bottle over 3 weeks:

1: Do you need to shake your tincture bottle to mix up the mixture?

(I looked inside my empty dropper bottle and saw little green particles on all the sides of the bottle. I'm wondering if maybe thats just plant material and i just didnt strain my product well enough.)

2: Is there any kind of gel capsule I can store 190-proof grain alchohol tincture in without it eating away at the gel? (I know most canna-caps are made with glycerin as an elixir, but tincture is stronger and I'm hoping there might be a specific capsule strong enough for holding grain-based-tincture)

Thanks in advance!!

2. #1 if you were experiencing settling in your tincture then by all means give it a good shake before you use it. You can eliminate this problem by filtering your tincture with a syringe filter.

#2 Ethanol will completely dissolve every gel cap in existence from my experience. A simple solution to this is 2 evap the alcohol and then put the resulting oil into your gel caps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hey! thanks for your reply.
    I was also wondering if i could sucessfully infuse say a 1/2oz into two oz of 190 everclear, or if its better to just start with higher ammounts of the alchohol and then use evaporation it to concentrate it further. I read in some places its also good to *freeze a just infused tincture and then reheat it* (a couple times). Know if this makes a difference in potency?

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Joker1121, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Did you decarb? I hope you did. Freezing and reheating a tincture will not make it more potent. The rinse with fresh alcohol is important. Evaporate to desired strength with low heat or naturally. Did you not see the two threads already dedicated to tincture? PsychedelicSam is the tincture guru around here. For the best results use his recipe in Another Tincture thread. The thread is long, but there is an index with recipes in the first post. Since the thread is so long folks don't mind answering questions. Dragon Lite is the other, shorter thread. Good luck. It sounds like you've already made a product you like. I would suggest going to Another Tincture thread and following the recipe. Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tincture and salve makers need our own thread!!!! Attention administrators.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. #6 Joker1121, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    There are already two threads devoted to Green Dragon Tincture. Another Tincture thread and Dragon Lite. Both in the edible section. Another Tincture thread deals with topicals too with recipes in the first post index.
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it
    Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread
    Looking back I see I already mentioned Another Tincture thread. It's exactly what you want @WeedHaps.
    Since the Another Tincture thread is over 1000 pages there is an index link to numerous recipes for Green Dragon, and topicals and folks don't expect you to read the thread, but will happily answer questions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Okay, I take that all back. Topical makers need their own thread. We have to go to the edible section and hardly anyone talks about topicals there.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I get that, now, @WeedHaps. It would be nice to have the information is one sub forum. Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1