Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis theory...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by superflyfelix, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Right now i am in culinary school and i have been educated in wine. i mean they are crazy about it. so naturaly i relate al things to my true passion: pot. so i was thinking, weed is a lot like wine. wine base would be the alcohol, weed's main base is THC. but when you drink wine you know that there is way more to wine then alcohol. there are all the suddle flavors, colors,sents,t density. and what do we find in weed? flavors, color, smell, density. and in wine they have white and red. weed has indica and sativa. Wine is sold by its classifications based on quality. weed also is sold buy its quality. French wine is spposed to be a representation of the land it was grown on. this is called terrior. and weed does that too. hydro, areo, soil, indoor, outdor.

all in all this is one of greatest stoned discoveries besides finding that chocolate bar in the fridge. i hope you guys all like my idea and feel free to expand. and if none of this makes sense well... im stoned give me a break:D

2. that's really interesting, great analogy!!

There's also something about the combination or thc and other cannabinoids that determine the type of stone you're going to get. For me the best is really fuckin' high but not a bit drowsy.

I'm convinced alcohol has the same thing but not many people talk about it, everyone just talks about the percentage alcohol and the flavors and stuff that you mentioned. But if you mix half a pint of cider with a half pint of beer you're going to get drunk as hell. And that doesn't make sense 'cos in the end it's just one pint of a pretty low percentage alcoholic drink. When I was in England they called it snake bite and a lot of pubs refused to sell it 'cos it got patrons so messed up.

SHAME.gif

3. i was thinking about the cannaboids too, but i didnt know how to phrase it,

4. For me, cannabis is like enjoying a glass of fine wine, even thoguth I enjoy a glass of wine as well. Theres that same satsifaction I get from both. I love opening the bag, taking out a nugget, smelling the pungent aroma and observing all the sparlky crystals glisten as I turn the nugget. Then packing a nice bowl, taking that first green hit, and letting its flavor just melt into you. The same thing with a good wine, preferably red, opening the bottle, and after some anticipation form letting the wine breathe, letting the red liquid trinkle into the glass, swirling the glass and observing that crimson pool, inhaling the aroma and trying to decipher what notes I smell, and finally, the taste, when the liquid just warms you all over.

Ahhh.

5. Thats pretty cool thinking, but first of all wine is for old people, or women who like to sit in a circle and cry and discuss why their life sucks. Second, there is a really long process that is involved in making wine. Weed you just plant it and take care of it as it grows. If we were comparing weed and grapes, and they had all those things in common, now that would be something.

6. I disagree, I know a ton of people that smoke (they are cool as hell too), and they enjoy a fine wine every once in a while.

Weed can take a lot of work to grow - it all depends on what you want to get in the end. The end result is a direct reflection of the work, time, and capital invested.

7. What is old to you? 30? That's not even middle-aged.

I agree with the wine tasting gross part though, never cared for the stuff. I am a fan of brown liquor, pref. rum or cognac.

8. lol, the greatest stoned discovery besides that chocolate bar :D.

Sounds like you broke it down pretty well.

9. Yeah man that is a dope analogy.

10. haha nice example...I think rolling a blunt is very much like cooking/eating

prepare food/weed
    cook food/roll blunt
    sit down at dinner table/sit in a sife
    eat food/ smoke blunt

11. wow... didnt know i'm a sobbin, snifflin, old bitty...

i think the analogy was well said. i had very similar thoughts years ago when i took a wine tasting class.

imo the processes are not too different. w/ herb ya start w/given genetics, grow em (w/ oodles of work to bare minimum...neither changes the genetics), harvest, trim, cure & it generally gets packaged. and w/wine ya start w/varing grape genetics, grow em, harvest, squash em, ferment, & packaging.

12. I thought I had a pretty good theroy going, where mmj heals the stroke survivor and he lives on to lead the way to legalization all over the world.

Oh yeah ya thats a pipe dream, or so I'm told.