Cannabis that doesn't smell like Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by ReallyRed, Feb 3, 2010.

1. so, i'm interested in getting back on the swing with regards to growing and i want to do this proper with the setup i've got (which is currently being used for some tomatoes.) it's soil and CFL but the question is this.

what seeds/strains should i aim for for a strain that doesn't have that signature cannabis smell? i have had some buds that smelled like fresh green tea (and they smoked really nice) and i've even heard that there are some strains that smell like oranges, peaches, spice... but to those that have grown them, do they still have that signature cannabis smell to them?

reason i ask is that i have roomies and one seems to have an inhuman sense of smell and he's the one that voted i uproot my old girl of last time. if i can find a strain that doesn't have that tell-tale smell, he might be willing to relent.

yes, i'm still also getting things like a carbon scrubber and i've even been suggested to use the decorative fountain/fogger thingie with a tablespoon of febreeze or cologne added to it. but, still... non-weed smelling strains... suggestions?

oh, ideally i'd be looking for a sativa dominant hybrid (i like the uplifting highs more than the couchlocking ones.)

2. chronic is a low odor high yielding strain potent strain.. but bubblegum is great for having a non cannabis stank while still being dank :D

3. If you know the smell of bud trust me you will still know that bud is growing with the gum smell, kinda like if you shit in the bathroom and spray air freshener so no one knows you shit, but it just smells like rose scented shit in the bathroom

4. well said. there's also the noise....

5. Is it possible he doesn't have a keen sence of smell... that he is just a lurker, goin up in your room and shit when your not there? because, if thats the case. no amount of sweet smelling cotton candy is going to keep him from finding your plants.

6. I'm growing a bubblegum that smells pretty awful right now...like gum soaked in male urine for a few weeks, then inserted in a stinky pit. Blanket statements can rarely be made for all pheno's of any strain. You may pick one of the known lower odour ones, knowing that you have to grow many of it's type, and pull the stinky ones and just keep the lowest odour one. Honestly tho, carbon scrubbers are really good and reliable, might look into using one. Or get another roomate....'voting to uproot a plant', he'd last 10 minutes with me, and his shit would be on the lawn and he'd have a bloody nose!

These have some usable pheno's for you, but you will have to try a few seeds to get your winner.
    Nirvana's Blue Mystic
    THSeeds Sage
    Bubblegum
    California Orange
    Kali Mist
    Northern Lights

7. ^^ dudes banned , + post is like 2 year old...^^

good info none the less. SP

8. I like my cannabis to smell less like cannabis, and my fish to taste less like fish...

9. [quote name='"shage13"']If you know the smell of bud trust me you will still know that bud is growing with the gum smell, kinda like if you shit in the bathroom and spray air freshener so no one knows you shit, but it just smells like rose scented shit in the bathroom[/quote]

Lmaoooo