Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis suppositories

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by sweetz, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Thanks for finding the full text of that study!!

This allows me to answer a question I had in the back of my head..... How hot did they heat the stuff before testing? I noticed they heated their herb to 200c, which is way more than what I would do. Wondering what heating it only half of that would change?

2. The length of time required to decarboxylate and how many turpins are still in the medicine once your done.

3. #23 Izzy Mandelbaum, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
    Well . . . . . . . I'm about 15 minutes into my experimentation of "The Final Frontier" of cannabis ingestion.

I could 'feel something' as soon as the first capsule was 'fully inserted'. I mean as soon as I thought to myself "It's in there" I felt a change in me. I kinda got the impression that it was a slight change in the hepatic portal system or something similar. I also am getting 'stomach growls' which means to me that the medicine is really working my gut ATM, which is good.

I kinda feel a high coming on, but I'll let you know how it goes. I've always wondered if I'm one of those people that have trouble assimilating eaten cannabis, so I should see shortly. I always have to eat more than other people of my similar build/tolerance to get high.

I have 000 capsules filled similar to what you described, sweetz. Alcohol extracted, boiled off and with added lecithin and coconut oil. I first tried to push a capsule up there, but it got turned sideways. After that was corrected :)o), I removed the frozen oil from the capsules and that made it easy to get it up there. Got 4 - 000 caps up there.

I think I'm getting high also

4. #24 sweetz, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
    OMG...4 of them huh? Yes, please let me know how it goes for you okay? I only have one 00 capsule that I saved from the last batch I made for our friend...I was saving it for my husband to experiment with. But I have a mind to try it myself on my day off if your experience is not too mind blowing...I can always make lots more.

Thanks for braving it...but I wonder if you realize how strong four of those is...especially the 000 size? You are getting a far more powerful uptake than just consuming it that way! You probably should have just used two and then waited to see where that took you hahaha!

Yes, you do need to remove the frozen cannabis oil from the capsule...there are no stomach acids in the rectum to break the capsule material down.

5. What I heard one of the Dr's saying is that only 12% of the medicine that goes into your mouth escapes your stomach acid. That is why I do my oral dosing sublingualy, I get +/- 9 doses more than I would eating it. You may be in for a ride friend. I hope you do Ok & good luck!!!!!

6. #26 sweetz, Dec 7, 2012
    I have a feeling that we wont be hearing from him for quite a while.

This is why I was asking about a "Cold Extraction" recipe...however, if there were still any Everclear left in it making it that way, I would seriously hesitate to insert them. I dont know how a rectum "takes" to 190 proof alcohol! How to explain to a doctor in the ER that I shoved alcohol up my bum!!!

7. Not sure I should say this........
    One of the reasons it works on prostate cancer is that it kills Human Papilloma Virus. Should work for girls the same as boys HPV being equal opportunity that way. If you need me to say it plainly read my sig. file again.

Cannabinoid Receptor as a Novel Target for the Treatment of Prostate Cancer

8. I'm still here. :)

My capsules are equivalent to about .5 grams of bud. I got about 110 capsules from 2oz of buds. It's been about 2.5 hours and I'm pretty stoned.
    I felt the medicine kicking in after about 45 minutes this way, as opposed to 2.5-3 hours when it is oral. I do seem to feel it more, but I'm wondering if I will feel it more in the end or if I'm just feeling the same amount in a shorter time period?
    I felt it was almost more nauseating this way as opposed to eating it. I think this is a good way to get the medicine into the blood stream, especially for those with intestinal issues.

Do you just use alcohol tinctures, asthmatic?
    I have alcohol tinctures, but the alcohol kinda bothers my mouth.

9. Understood...you dont need to go into more detail.

I dont know how it will do with the Leukemia I have however...after Izzy wakes up, I will have a better idea of dosing hahaha!!! Then I will go on a 3 month course, then have a CBC panel done to see if any changes are happening.

New "frontier" for sure...I hope it works! I would shout it from the roof tops...or at least, help any and everyone I could.

10. Oh good, there you are! My capsules are stronger than yours, so I will have to evaluate what a good dose would be for starters in someone such as myself that does not use cannabis much at all.

11. #31 Asthmatic, Dec 7, 2012
    No I make hash oil then cut the hash oil with hemp seed oil. I usually mix near 2 cc hash oil in 10 to 12 cc hemp seed oil. I'm serious about switching to a (High EPA/DHA) fish oil as a carrier but haven't done it yet.

So how long before you know if it will help the IBS?

12. Please do not use tincture in the colon! If you think it bothers your mouth...think what doing that to a much more sensitive area would do.

13. I boiled off all the alcohol ... Don't worry about that. Yes, that would probably be a bit uncomfortable. I was asking how asthmatic takes medicine sublingually, and just mentioned I've tried a unheated alcohol extract.

I think your caps are about 1.4 g in equivalent herbage, so it would be equal to about 3 of mine. Maybe try that one, or even melt it and add a bit more oil and refreeze in capsules to dilute it a bit.

asthmatic, how do you make the hash oil?
    Do you just hold the hash oil infused hemp oil in your mouth for awhile, until it has soaked in?

14. http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/as...fugal-ethanol-etoh-extracted-hash-oil-ho.html

The PDF at the bottom has pictures but it's text is not quite up to date.
    I mix strong. 2 drops = 1 dose on or under tongue it just disappears onto the mucosa.

15. I was just worried that you might get another bright idea...:eek:

Thankyou...I figured almost 1.5 grams per cap too. I would cut it in half...no, make that a third the first time. It would be no problem to then use another piece of it after an hour to try and control the effect...heck, I could titrate like that all day once I get an idea of the effects...and take more just before I go to sleep.

Mind if I ask if how far it needs to go "up"? I am not trying to be cheeky...just dont know if any of that matters. Also, Asthmatic mentioned something about getting "strong wood"...so do you think that applies to women too?:eek:

16. It applies to women too... Girls get wood.

Attached Files:

17. #37 Izzy Mandelbaum, Dec 7, 2012
    Well, I can say this is the first time I've done any 'inserting' in that area. The frozen oil with no capsule kinda 'self lubricates' as it goes up. I think and have read online that gelatin would dissolve, since some prescription suppositories are made this way. It would just take a bit longer and is more difficult to get up there. Plus, the less things up there the better, IMO. You can tell when it is in far enough. Bout 3/4" or so. To get really graphic, I aimed up and to the left .. one would assume (pun intended) that it goes straight up, but it's to the left ... kinda seemed to be the way things wanted to go.. Once you feel a frozen little pill up your bum, you're good to go.

I googled a few different illustrated diagrams. :)

My ex GF used to get pretty friendly when she was stoned. She never ate it, but yeah, I would image it would do similar things to women.

18. Thanks for all the info...I will make a new batch on my day off and give it a go!

19. #39 Galaxy420, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
    wrong post........

20. #40 Honokiol, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014

I took you to the first post.  Following her through GC as she takes care of the patient takes a little work.  Sorry. I didnt remember the fork in the thread.  She went into this thread
    http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana-usage-applications/664504-ingesting-rick-simpsons-hemp-oil.html/page-29#entry17758824

she announces the cure here.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana-usage-applications/664504-ingesting-rick-simpsons-hemp-oil.html/page-29#entry17757887

here is the link to her profile : http://forum.grasscity.com/user/523294-sweetz/
    just click on posts to see the rest of her story she only posted 58 times or so.