Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis Slang/Terms

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Skunky Monkey, Sep 20, 2011.

1. #1 Skunky Monkey, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
    There are loads of people that completely don't know what the fuck there talking about when it comes down to bud, this can make dealers think your a total dum ass and will make experienced tokers think so too! :p

I'm going to try and educate you guys a little bit.

Kush: Is a word for Pure Indica strains

Dro :This is a very annoying one, loads of you guys call weed "dro" as a measurement of potency or just to look cool, "dro" is a word for ( hydroponically grown cannabis) Not a measurement of potency, not a strain, it is a technique of cultivation that should not be used.

shwag:is a measurement of potency and quality, bad weed is usually called shwag, allot of the time "shwag" contains a high amount of stems and seeds, not many pistols and very little trichomes.

The reason why weed losses potency when it's pollinated is because 1) The shear amount of seeds takes up allot of space that would be bud, also when a cannabis plant is not pollinated it becomes more potent, it covers itself in resin to try and catch some male pollen, hence why none pollinated weed is usually rather sticky.

Mids: a word for medium grade weed, always has pistols and a nice amount of trichs, has a few seeds and stems, it's pretty good and will get you a decent high.

Dank: :yummy: Dank is very good bud that gets you a really nice high and is very potent, it has No seeds in it and as said above is more potent.

Hit:a single puff.

Kief: refers to the resin glands (or trichomes) of cannabis which may accumulate in containers or be sifted from loose dry cannabis buds with a mesh kiefing screen or sieve.

Munchies:hunger after getting high. Most common in Indica dominant strains

Blunt: a blunt is a pure marijuana cigar, it can be rolled with normal rolling papers but is usually rolled with blunt wraps which are cigar papers, usually modified for blunts and allot of flavored.

Joint: a joint is a cannabis cigarette with tobacco, rolled with normal rolling papers and the "cool" stoners don't smoke none of that shit.

Spliff: Cannabis and tobacco cigarette like said above

Strains: Various types of cannabis bread with different types, different highs tastes smells and potency vary per strain.

Rip: usually associated with a bong, a word for a single usually large bong hit.

Bowl: a pipe.

I'm going to keep adding to this and suggestions are very welcome, i know i have missed loads :p

Before any of you guys say "weeds weed" slang is very important.

2. I refuse to use the word 'dank'. Look up what it means in a dictionary sometime. It means 'unpleasantly damp'. It's the worst word to ever be used as cannabis slang, and I cut off anyone I'm smoking with who uses it in relation to my bud.

3. #3 420stonedpanda, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
    Not sure how relevant it is in America but over here all the 'noob' tokers say 'skunk' to say strong Cannabis. For some reason people also think skunk is like, genetically modified, super strong, super scary and dangerous Cannabis here. It's funny, lots of people here only smoke shwag, not for the price, but because they think it's healthier...
    Gotta break that misconception, it's just a bloody strain!

4. ...

SEMANTICS EVERYWHERE

invisible sentence for caps

5. This is a very helpful thread for people who are new to smoking, but you have to remember that different terms are used in different areas. For example, mids is often called "regi" dank is sometimes called "fire" high level mids arecalled "headies" sometimes. Pipes are often called spoons.. Just different names for the same thing you know?

6. [quote name='"oldskoolgrower"']I refuse to use the word 'dank'. Look up what it means in a dictionary sometime. It means 'unpleasantly damp'. It's the worst word to ever be used as cannabis slang, and I cut off anyone I'm smoking with who uses it in relation to my bud.[/quote]

I really hope youre kidding... Its just a term..

7. I like chronic just because it sounds better than dank.

8. dank must be an American thing, i have never heard it before and ive smoked and lived in 8 countries.

9. Pull is a synonym for puff.

And food is popular slang here for it. :D

I'll do a proper list when I'm stoned.

10. Irie- Powerful & Pleasing/pleasant
    [​IMG]

11. Everybody around here calls good weed "DRO"... Dro this. Dro that. Yo man I got some DRO $20 a gram. Yo lets smoke some DRO. Yo this DRO is more fire than last weeks DRO.

Hate that shit.

12. Helpfull but id like to make a correction. A joint has only marijuana. Spliffs on the other hand are the ones with the tobbaco.. Also, blunts are rolled in any sort of tobbaco paper/leaf product.

13. not as helpful as you think, a joint with a tobacco mix bought in a coffeeshop here in the Netherlands is called a joint too.

14. A "joint" is tobacco and marijuana, that;s the way it is for all my friends and everyone apart from you on here says a joint is weed and tobacco.

15. Lol i saw this coming withthis thread.. Would be helpfull if OP assigned the origin of where the terms are also used if they have double meaning or something

16. Well like i said suggestions are welcome and i will be adding to this, Dank mids shwag and allot of the other ones are mostly used in America.

17. you should put in resin and hash

18. Not everyone on grasscity is european. And not everyone is from the states so terms are used differently

19. Yes they are, but helping some is better than just not bothering because slang is different in different country's :p

Thanks dude.

20. Sorry if im coming off as a douche to you guys. It just a suggestion. Carry on if u will.

add instead of just slang how about all weedy terms? Some people new to mj might not even know what an edible is.