Cannabis seeds in Australia

Discussion in 'Security' started by Masonica, Feb 15, 2016.

1. hey dudes, I was looking at purchasing seeds online from somewhere like Herbie's, but I'm having trouble finding out about the legalities and/or penalties in regards to seed importation in Australia. Can anyone help me out or if you're from Australia share your experiences with purchasing online overseas.

2. Hey Masonica, i recently ordered from Bonzaseeds.com. It is my first order i just placed it two days ago, i ordered 5 Northern Lights auto feminized and they gave me a free 8 ball kush seed :) i am still waiting for my order but they seem very discreet. As far as i know importing amd owning cannabis seeds is legal but germinating them is not. I haven't double checked though and i know our customs officiala here in Australia are very stringent.

3. I used southern star seeds - shipped from within oz, received the seeds within a week. Only problem is they are expensive and have a limited number of strains, they are all photoperiod/non-fem.

Regarding penalties, not too sure, still wouldn't want a knock on the door and a 'please explain'.

4. You seem to be quoting UK/Euro rules here.

My research tells me that importation of Cannabis seeds to Australia is illegal.

Furthermore, I have read reports of Customs/Border Force in the past 6 months co-operating with Federal and State Police Authorities to share information on any orders that have been intercepted.

Now I could just be too much of a chicken shit to go through with an order (which I am) to be sent to my house in my name. But it doesn't really tick the "security" box for me. Why would I use my credit card to ship seed to my house. The last poor bastard I read about had a seed order "Not arrive" and 12 weeks later the Police knocked on the door with a warrant and caught him with almost ready to harvest plants...

Check out some of the "busted" stories right here on GrassCity and you will find Aussie's that have been caught out that reference the search warrant having grounds due to an earlier interception of a seed order.

I always err on the side of caution and I will only ever offer advice if I know it to be correct. You should do the same when offering advice to people on forums.

For anyone else reading this. There will be a percentage that do it and get away with it every time. There will be a percentage that are too chicken shit to do it (like me).

A realist and someone who has never been caught like myself takes security pretty seriously and ordering from a seed bank into Australia seems to be a lottery.

5. could they bust you if you had no plants growing ????

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm in Au & I buy from these guys: Buy Marijuana Seeds Online | Worldwide shipping, USA included – ILGM

They are in Europe & delivery took about 4 weeks (so got to plan a head) but if you read their FAQs you'll see why the wait is worth it. My latest grow is 7 days old (7 days from germination) and the plants are 4cm high.. so far ive very impressed)

As for customs, if they are confiscated you get a letter saying why. That's it. This guys don't say what they seeds are anywhere on the package, so you'd just get a letter saying you cant import seeds. That's it.