Cannabis seedling problems.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HazeyRage, Jun 4, 2018.

1. #1 HazeyRage, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    My general question is what do you think about these 2 seedlings? The one with the Finding Nemo looking Finn is 5 days old and the other taller one is only 4 days.

The 4 day old plant was flushed properly before planting the seed, but the 5 day old one wasn’t flushed.

They are both growing quite good I my opinion. This is my first grow so I don’t know what a 4/5 day old cannabis plant should look like. It’s auto Fem Afghan Kush.

Attached Files:

2. UPDATE: yes both seedlings have decent moisture all the way through.

3. I don't have a pic of a 4-5 day old plant but these plants are 7 days from sprout - hope that helps.
    7 days old.JPG 1 week.JPG

You didn't answer my question from your other thread. Who is the manufacturer of your light?

• Like Like x 1
  4. When I say 4/5 days old I count from the day it’s planted. I was looking for the box but remembered I could look it up on Amazon. It’s a Higrow optical lens series 300w full spectrum hydroponics grow light. 12-band, 5w/led. I assume that means 5 W a light, and there are 60 lights. Just because there are 2 settings doesn’t mean only half are on. They all have separate lights inside them as well so they all glow no matter what setting I put it on

5. Regardless of which this light had all top ratings and reviews which is a huge thing for me.

6. Don't believe everything you read. That light is only 130watts and will only cover a 2x2 area - basically one plant. The manufacturers for these 300w Chinese lights for $69 on amazon all have questionable marketing techniques. The light will grow one plant pretty well, but not two. Good luck with your grow.

7. I really like how you just assume you know everything about my life without even seeing a picture. You’re absolutely no help on these pages and a waste of a comment to be honest. I’m serious about my set up why would I buy the ventilation system/grow tent then only page $69 for a light? All you do is miss lead people on here

8. #8 MickFoster, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    No need for hostility my friend. I never claimed to know anything about your life, nor do I care. You made the statement - "you're absolutely no help on these pages", but if you look at post #3 I addressed your original question about the size of your plants. You're taking my comments about your light as a personal insult and they weren't meant to be. I was simply giving you information that would be beneficial to your grow. If you don't believe me about your light being only 130w, just google it or ask a few other experienced growers on GC and they'll tell you the same thing. And I don't mislead people. Peace. :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Can confirm, most LEDs you find on Amazon that are from China have big wattage numbers on them as a marketing scheme. For instance I have a "2000W" light running in my tent that's really only about 400 or so watts with veg and bloom on.
    Reviews are good from Amazon, sure. Trust me though being a new grower myself, I've gotten more useful, or should I say truthful answers and responses here than I've ever gotten from an Amazon review.

Best of luck with your grow!

• Like Like x 2
  10. This is very infuriating, but how do you know when it’s a reputable brand?

11. I would ask the experienced growers on GC, and always go by the power draw of the light, not the false equivalent the manufacturer claims. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well, actually when I purchased my light, in the fine print, it does actually say the real power draw of the light, you've just gotta look for it.

See the link for my light.

• Lens effectively enhances the beam, compares to 1400 watt HPS while consuming only 401 watts! perfect for a 5.0 x 5.4' growing area at 40" height. Absolute Safety: We use Isolated Power Supply and High-temperature Resistant Materials
    Don't pay too much attention to what it says it compares to, just look at where it says what it consumes.