Cannabis Seed Germination Breakthrough

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by clodhopper, Apr 30, 2012.

1. I found everything I needed in the basement other than the Rapid Rooters. I'm all set up and letting the temp settle out. I'll start testing things tomorrow. Pics to follow. 

2. This thing works GREAT! I'm on my 3rd start and my second variation of totes for the main container,as well as the "Float".

thanks..

3. I tried something different this last round.
    I bought 2 identical plastic totes, that had somewhat of a sump in the area between them when they are stacked.The first tote I put in the heater, and enough water to float the second tote, in the second tote I put in solo cups with good soil, and planted the seeds nearly on the surface, 1/4" deep or so. Then I misted it all heavy and put the totes cover on it. I misted every day, and in a few days I took off the cover, replaced it with a clean sheet of plastic and put the light over it. I lost one seed, it rotted, never sprouted, the other 14 are champs and moving right along. 

I'm still using rapid rooters for clowning, but not for seeds. No need to mess with them, I use the water bath for the constant heat, it just works for me. Keep in mind I'm workin an old basement, it gets cool. 

Now, I THINK, if I cut the top portion of the the second tote off, low enough that I can get the lid to actually seat on the bottom tote, letting the walls of the top tote be below the lid, getting the humidity of the lower tote into the upper tote. Got that?? :) This would raise my germinating humidity back to the original posters original design, but I want to try one more round with this configuration.

4. --------

hello clodhopper, many thaks for the response, i actually made a sponge with a pacman mouth opening and placed the seed sliglhty there. i do have a question thou (im new). When the seed starts to pop out the white stem, when should I pass it to the clay pebbles in my hydroponic system... should i place it with all of the sponge? or should i take the seed away from the sponge??

5. Been using this method for the last three years with near 100% results. Placing the seeds in starting pucks in a domed container with heated water is magic.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Grasscity Forum mobile app