Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis Psychosis?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tirehu, Jun 26, 2013.

1. I have been smoking for about 2 years now, and i need to quit to get a job and stuff. But when i dont smoke i feel all twisted in my head. All thoughts are twisted and comfusing, i cant understrand whats going on. I feel like im living in a bubble.. IS this something that will go away? or is tis permanent? This freaks me out!

2. If you're sober it can't be cannabis psychosis. Not trying to scare you, but it could be a mental disorder like schizophrenia.

3. Thoughts are twisted and confusing how, to what extent? 

Care to give some examples? It is maybe just that you are feeling a bit muddled and will go away with time and putting your concentration in to other things. 

4. Its just really hard to cocentrate, i think short thought patterns. and i dont get anything done, time flys by so fast... If i like watch youtube videos. The time goes by really fast. I feel kinda "Dazed"

5. Doesn't sound like psychosis. Maybe just a little tired in the brain or something. I think it will go away man. Just try to live balanced and shit for a while.

I have no job, school etc. Got thrown out of school for weed and that made me feel like shit, like the system was going after me. Cause the alcohol guys got away being idiots making loud noises in the school and stuff. Whie us the tokers just listened to quiet music watching movies and stuff.

Well my mind feels foggy and unclear. I am verry lonely might it be that i am just depressed. That the weed made it easier to live, and when i dont smoke all those feelings come running back?

7. Yo that kinda sounds like depersonalization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization_disorder)
    I have the same symptoms you said but also i feel like a robot and everything feels unreal or weird. I got lots of other symptoms too. 
    Its probably the weed withdrawal coupled with depersonalization.

Do you get weird ass thoughts like "who am i, why am i exactly in this country, this town, this room, why am i exactly this person" Basically do you question existence? If you mean that with the weird thoughts its def depersonalization.

8. Seems like you need to think about your life a little more, maybe weed is too important to you. You need to find hobbies, a girlfriend/boyfriend, hang with some buddies and do things. Get your mind off things. Hell man, go for a short 1-2 mile run a day, shit helps me.

9. #9 MrGoatington, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
    Yeah, not smoking after smoking for a long time really sucks ass. Been smoking daily for about a year now and have no money for the goods for at least another week, been living off resin for the past few days as well and now I'm out of that. The feeling you describe kind of relates to how I feel, but not quite. I get more of a feeling that everything sucks when I can't smoke. As in, through the enhancements of basically everything that comes with smoking (music, food, movies, games, etc are all better), when I have nothing to smoke, these things are insignificant and/or boring. 

It especially sucks when you're going through difficulties in life and use it to help you through that. I used to use it to help through the stress of school, and when I didn't have it then... that reallllly sucked, but I had a special hatred for school. Either way, I feel your pain right now, it feels better to know other people are going through the same thing (can't smoke), helps to get past the part that sucks to get past. Another positive is... getting high as fuck after taking a tolerance break  :bongin:  :metal:

I'd take at least a week of non-smoking to see if these things still happen, if so then it could be something a little more serious, if it starts to fade slowly than it is likely just the withdrawal.

Good luck

10. Yeah honestly I have been in a similar situation (not so much now but in the past definitely) 

I wouldn't worry about permanently having fried your brain or schizophrenia or anything like that. Maybe as you say a touch of depression/anxiety (which don't necessarily manifest themselves as sadness or worry) about your situation and life in general. This shit can be subconscious. You'll feel better man, don't worry bout it too much. 

11. Sounds like you might have ADD. I experience a similar heavy loss of mental focus and incapacity to keep my thoughts lined up whenever I'm sober, because of said disorder. Just out of curiosity, do you use caffeine?

12. #12 shaddytheman, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
    If you need to find a job then withdrawal and take a break from the Ganja, it's not going anywhere so focus on your main priorities then once you have it settled down, smoke for the reward. 

If your mind is in a cloudy fog, let the fog pass so you can continue the path. 

13. What kind of weed you smoke? And you weed isn't what is making it hard for you to live life, it's the disorder that you most likely have. The weed is helping but you need to try to find a way to figure out what's fucking you up. You can do it on your own, but a good therapist would be better suited to help you shift through your shit. Smoke the weed, but don't abuse it. Find something you want to do and start working toward it. Working at Mickey D's is rewarding if you have a fucking end goal. 

Do you know that these thoughts wouldn't be going through your head, had you never smoked weed?
    For about the last 2 years, I haven't smoked any weed. I'm almost 27, and started smoking hard core when I was about 16. Got stoned for the first time a few weeks before I turned 14. I know how you feel about thinking that you need to quit, but it really all depends on how you use it in the first place. You might be scared to see a medical professional. It might be good if you did though. None of us here are qualified to give the answers to the questions you are asking.

15. My god what is up with all these people thinking weed fried their brain? I thought it was common knowledge that that does not happen. If anything you'll get depersonalization/derealization. That in time does fade too just takes some work. You don't have psychosis
    (I would know i have psychotic disorder). It's all in your head and you're over thinking it. Don't put so much attention on it.

16. Perhaps picking up a book?