Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis plants

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mOIRA, May 9, 2018.

1. Hi . I wonder can anyone advise me on the purchase of cannabis seeds as I want to grow as my husband has been diagnosed with 4th stage cancer . Can anyone advise me on what to buy that will grow fairly quickly and with not too much care please . I am totally new to this

2. Sorry about the news that sucks, i don't think you can just grow a plant without putting care into it..

Try the Vault if you want seeds alot of people on GC buy from them

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks very much for the info xxx Have done just that !

4. @mOIRA
    If he is already stage 4 what you don't have much of is time. It'll be 3 to 4 months from seed to harvest before you'll have any useable cannabis.

Many here use The Vault for seeds.
    Ask everyone you know if they can get you street weed. Ask them for any horded seeds as well.
    I mean ask EVERYBODY you know. At this point all you'd face is a simple possession charge and that is low on the scale of risk. Odds are somebody you know or their kids can hook you up. With your husbands life in the balance don't be afraid to ask even people you'd normally not consider. Your Priest, Doctors,

Growing usually carries much stiffer penalties then possession in red states.
    Consider a trip to a weed friendly state like Colorado.
    I can help once you acquire some weed to work with. Get at least an ounce. Making Medical grade canna oil isn't hard but it will stink while it's cooking so a toaster oven and an outside patio is best for that stage.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

I've been making RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) for many years for cancer patients that were my wifes former co-workers. We're all getting old and falling apart now.

Give my 3 threads a read and you'll have a better idea of what needs to be done to assist him.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. BrassNwood has given you excellent advice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks very much for your advice . I will try and do that asap as you're right time is of the essence here xx

7. Hi hon, I'm Granny", one of the local science nerds. I want to help you by teaching you about the relationship between Omega 3 and the endocannabinoid system (ECS). If you haven't heard about the ECS, you should read this-

Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System
    Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System

Keeping the ECS healthy, keeps us healthy
    . The cannabinoid (CB) receptors send messages into your cells. These messages can be "I'm high", "Stop the pain", or even "Die, cancer cell". If your ECS is damaged, the messages may not get to their target!

The problem is that our modern diet is sabotaging the ECS! Our cooking oils are at fault. (Yes, I know that seems like a stretch, but keep reading!)

The CB receptors need Omega 3 to get hooked up properly. In the earliest study I have found on this, they talk about the CB receptors being left "uncoupled" to the G-coupled effector proteins that act like a speaker sending the cannabinoid's message into your cells.

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. (abst – 2011) Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. - PubMed - NCBI

Here’s the key sentence- “In n-3-deficient mice, presynaptic cannabinoid CB(1) receptors (CB(1)Rs) normally responding to endocannabinoids were uncoupled from their effector G(i/o) proteins.” (n-3 = Omega 3)

It's like a radio with a loose wire- everything is there, but no "music" happens! It takes a month or so of taking extra Omega 3 for enough defective CB receptors to be replaced to have any noticeable effects. This improves your body's natural defenses against cancer. (Since the CB1 receptors are also the ones that get you high, this may improve a "recreational" user's ability to get "high".)

For the best health, we need about 3 to 4 parts Omega 6 to every 1 part Omega 3. Our modern diet can give us up to 50 parts Omega 6 to 1 part Omega 3! :eek2: Omega 6 is PRO-inflammatory, while Omega 3 is ANTI-inflammatory. This "overdose" of inflammation-causing Omega 6 puts out bodies out of balance leading to diseases linked to inflammation.

“The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids” The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids. - PubMed - NCBI

“Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today's Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, whereas increased levels of omega-3 PUFA (a low omega-6/omega-3 ratio) exert suppressive effects.”

Soy, corn, sunflower and "mixed vegetable" oils are all high in Omega 6. Restrict their use because they are in many foods and we don't need more. Canola and hemp seed oil have the right balance of Omegas. (Get cold-pressed, organic oil, if you can.) Olive oil has a good dose of Omega 9 in it, but Omega 9 is common enough that you don't need to worry about it. It's the Omega 3 that we need more of!

In some studies, a high level of Omega 3 is linked to a lower risk of some cancers and fewer chemo side effects.

Do Omega-3s and Antioxidants Fight Cancer? Do Omega-3s and Antioxidants Fight Cancer?

Have you looked into cannabidiol (CBD). It is in a "gray area" legally. It is technically just as forbidden as "marijuana", but since it can be gotten from legal hemp strains, it is often ignored. CBD does not have a "high" but it does fight cancer by preventing the growth of the "feeder" blood vessels (angiogenesis) that help cancer grow so damn fast! It also fights some kinds of cancers by either setting off a "death cycle" or altering the cancer's genetics so it isn't as aggressive .

Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms. (full – 2012) Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms

Id-1 gene and protein as novel therapeutic targets for metastatic cancer (abst – 2012)
    Abstract 5308: Id-1 gene and protein as novel therapeutic targets for metastatic cancer

Do you need more info on cannabis /cannabinoids and cancer, hon? I collect both studies and news articles about how cannabis heals. You can access my "Granny Storm Crow's List" here - Granny's in the news!

And you might try some "auto-flowering" strains of cannabis. They have a quicker turn-around time than most strains.

I hope this helps you. My husband had about half of his left lung removed for a stage 2 cancer almost exactly 2 years ago (May 13th). He sees the doctor later today for a scan. (Yet he still smokes his damn tobacco! :bang:)

Hugs,

Granny :wave:

8. Hi Granny ! Thanks for the info . I have a lot to learn still about all these things so any info is helpful . Oddly enough I had thoracic surgery last year , only one third removed and am still having scans . Hope your Hubby is still ok and once again thank you so much for the info x