Cannabis plants spring up all over German town after campaigners plant thousands of seeds in protest against the ‘demonisation’ of the drug

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by SkysDaLimit420, Jul 22, 2013.

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2372554/Cannabis-plants-spring-German-town-campaigners-plant-thousands-seeds-protest-demonisation-drug.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Cannabis plants are sprouting up all over a German town after pro-marijuana supporters planted tens of thousands of seeds last month.
    Supporters of the group A Few Autonomous Flower Children spread several kilograms of seeds around the university town of Gottingen last month.
    They say they are protesting its 'demonisation' in Germany's 'restrictive drug laws'.

[​IMG]Pro-marijuana activists have planted tens of thousands of seeds around the university town of Gottingen

[​IMG]The German town has cannabis plants sprouting in public parks, allotments, gardens and window boxes all over its public spaces

Scores of the plants have sprouted all over the town this week to the fury of the local police and council.
    A website shows dozens of photos of the cannabis plants blooming in public parks, allotments, gardens and window boxes all over town - with some even growing outside the local police station.
    Police have been ripping out the illegal plants on sight but the sheer number of blossoming plants became noticeable in the past week.
    A police spokesman said 70 plants had been removed so far - including the ones outside the police station - adding: 'Everything that looks like cannabis is torn out.'

[​IMG]The guerilla gardening project is aimed at protesting the 'demonisation' of the drug in German law

[​IMG]Police have been noting the locations of the photographs appearing online so that they can locate the illegal plants and remove them

She confirmed that officers were expecting to see a huge rise in the number of cannabis plants in public areas, adding: 'Officers have been told to be vigilant and destroy any plants they see.'
    A spokesman for A Few Autonomous Flower Children said: 'We can't set eyes on this useful and beautiful plant because it's absolutely forbidden in Germany to grow it.'
    She added: 'This action is a big deal - people (from A Few Autonomous Flower Children) really put effort into it.'

[​IMG]Police have been ripping out the plants but they have been blooming - including outside the police station itself

Local Marcus Baum said: 'The cannabis plants are sprouting up everywhere.
    'They removed the ones from the police station very quickly, but the plants are coming up in parks and gardens everywhere.
    'Some are even growing in window boxes.'

2. What a waste. I would have kept the seeds and sold them .But regardless.....you go Germany!

3. Everyone should do this, not really a waste if its getting publicity.

4. Good for them! Germany suffers from the same geo-political conundrum as the U.S. does. Countries right next door have disparate laws and enforcement so that the "Homeland" can produce more criminals. Sound familar?

Sadly, they're probably going through all the city surveilence now to see if they can arrest all these people.

5. Go Deutschland......This is great!

6. #6 Excalibong, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
    They probably used industrial hemp seeds with almost no THC anyway. Anything else would be way too expensive.

Still, that's a pretty cool idea and more people should do it. If the police are busy dealing with harmless plants they at least can't go after smokers. Or beat up protesters somewhere.

7. #7 THe8l8, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
    I've always dreamed people would start doing this. 

This is such an amazing idea to spark up debates about the hemp problem, I mean, what can they really do about it if hemp is growing everywhere?

Can people get high out of it? Not if it's industrial hemp, so what would justify the use of large number of taxes-paid workers to remove all this or spray large amount of herbicides, etc.

They will have to deal with this another way. 

Let's just hope it won't cause any ecological disaster by disrupting the balance of the local ecosystems.
    Introducing species can be very dangerous if not monitored carefully. By any chances, maybe it will merge without any consequences and bring positive benefits to the area. Who knows.

8. Ive made seed bombs with a ton of homegrown seeds before..johnny pot seed all up in germany haha

9. YES!!!  This is a fucking wonderful idea!  I'm going to save up all the seeds in my reg for the next year and spread them in public parks like chicken feed lol.

Most larger towns aren't great ecosystems to begin with and it's not like hemp is a foreign species. vOv

11. People don't seem to understand the definition of "native" species.

"Native" species can spill into an area and cause problems for the natural land.  

Here's an example: Screwbean mesquite naturally ranges into southern california, however if it pops up in coastal sage scrub, it can proliferate and choke out native trees that don't grow as quickly.  Furthermore, coyotes and birds love the seeds, they eat them, some pass through healthy enough to germinate, and spread even faster.  

Cannabis can definitely displace other plants.  The genus can thrive in a wide range of habitats, especially those with loamy soil, and it can tolerate drought when well-established.

12. Let's do it!

13. #13 Sgtstadanko707, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
    Keep that shit in non med states. I don't need your male seeds ruining my crop. Make pollen can travel up to 5 mi in the wind. No Bueno

14. WV man.  We're about as backwoods as you can get.  I've only been able to get decently priced medical grade shit around here in the past year and a half.  You have to raise awareness somehow, but after smoking enough reg and mids I can honestly say they'll get you high if you smoke enough and keep your tolerance in check.  You've got to take what you can get sometimes man.