Cannabis perfume

Discussion in 'General' started by Penelope420, Nov 19, 2008.

1. One of my hobbies is creating perfume. It's a little nerdy, I know... but I think it's fun :)

I use only natural essential oils, extracts and resins- no synthetic fragrance chemicals. Not the "essential oils" you see in headshops, lol, which are often fake or adulterated. I like to use really good quality and rare plant oils, but they can get expensive, so I do this very small time. I wouldn't say I'm into aromatherapy, but I do think that different oils can enhance your mood in different ways. :ey:

Anyway! I finally got my hands on some Cannabis essential oil. This is different from hemp oil- which is more like a vegetable/cooking oil. It's very hard to find and pretty pricey (which is why it took me so long to finally buy). Cannabis essential oil is not really oily, but very thin and watery and almost clear, and has a VERY strong fragrance. It's very grassy. There's no THC in it, and it was distilled in Canada.

I've blended it with a few other oils and have come very close to getting a good fresh cannabis scent. I still have to tweak it a little and let it sit for a few months to see how it develops, but so far it's good. I've had a goal to create a cannabis scent, and it even has a bit of the real plant in there! yay!

I just thought some other stoners might find that interesting :)

2. Thats a pretty cool hobby. I vote if you want to smell like bud just smoke a bowl and then go out haha =)

What are some of the other scents you came up with?

3. Agreed, I would fit this in the same category as weed scented incense. If you want something to smell like weed, just smoke it.
    Recently I went up to Chicago to catch a show and afterword my friends and I smoked some weed before going into a bar. I walk in and go to the ATM, there was this chick leaning against it and when I walked up she said, "Damn, how much weed did you smoke?" lol, and we smoked outside so I'd say weed does a pretty good job at being a perfume/cologne all by itself.

4. lol... I'm not going to squirt it on myself and walk around smelling like weed. The idea was mainly just to capture the scent in a bottle.

I can also use it as a small component of other perfumes, where it won't stand out, but add an extra layer of scent.

It's not a smoky, I just smoked a bowl scent either. It's more like freshly growing cannabis. I blended the cannabis oil with other oils like Lemon, patchouli, sandalwood, orange (and others), so while the over all scent is like cannabis, you get the effect of all the individual components as well. :)

5. OUt of curiousity, If there are bits of the real plant in there, wouldn't it technically be illegal to possess?

6. So you sellin the scent or what? I might be interested if you can make it manly enough.

7. Sounds fuckin' awesome.

I didn't feel that the rest of the posters had conveyed how cool of a hobby that is to begin with, let alone to capture the scent of cannabis in all its glory.

My question is this:

Which of the many scents is it leaning towards?

Strong, skunky odor?

Light, herby tinges?

More details on this deal when you're near completion.

Btw, +REP.

8. It is a pretty manly fragrance, but it costs way to much to make to be able to sell it. It would cost more then weed itself, lol.

I've been looking into this. The pure oil itself does not have thc and is used primarily in cannabis flavored candies and stuff. Hemp seed oil, the veggie oil, IS legal to sell and own, but the only thing I could find on it said that cannabis essential oil is not legal in the US. But, I don't know how accurate or up to date that info is. I bought it from a very reputable essential oil supplier in the united states, who bought it from the distillery in canada.

9. Qwll you tell me dollars to ounces ratio, and Ill decide if its too much :) Ive been looking for a weed flavored cologne for a LONG fucking time. :D

10. Thanks!

If you smell it from the bottle it smells strong, but very herbal and slightly lemony. When I put it on my skin, the citrus notes are very strong at first, but fade a little to the true cannabis scent. As that fades away, the patchouli and oakmoss (which are both very earthy) linger around for a few hours.

11. I haven't actually priced it out, but probably something like $100 for an 1/8th (small vial) or $500/oz (bulk discount, lol).

12. oh so it came form the supplier with bits of plant in it? guess it must be OK otherwise someone would've done somethign about it by now you would think

13. oh... sorry for the confusion. It doesn't actually have bits of the plant in it. When I said it has "a bit of the plant" in there, I meant that the oil itself is a part of the plant.

The oil is distilled from leaves and stems of the hemp plant. The plant matter is essentially boiled in water, and as the steam/water evaporates away, a small amount of the plant's oil is separated out and collected. The oil is just a clear, thin liquid :).

14. ooooh... i was imagining bits of leaf n shit. I gotcha now.

15. too late someones already done this its called "Can A Bliss" I ordered some awhile ago.. it smells like shitty bud though and really stinky!

16. Oh, I'm not claiming to be the first. There's a bunch of "cannabis" colognes/air fresheners/incense out there, but every one that I have tried is a gross, synthetic imitation.

I don't know that mine is exactly dead-on either, but it's close. :)

17. Definitly a cool idea and I give ya props for that, but my question is:

Do you really want to smell like something illegal?

It's kind of just asking for a search, and could be construed as probable cause?

I'm sure you've thought about it but I wanted to throw it out there. Carry on.
    :hello::smoke:

+rep btw

18. It makes me think of the idea I had about having cannabis-scented inserts in High Times. Like magazines have inserts of cologne and perfume, why not be able to smell something when you're looking at gorgeous buds? If only.

19. I smoke it... why not smell like it? I probably smell like it anyway, lol.

I'm just kidding. Like I said, I really just wanted to capture it in a bottle.

And besides, perfume oils aren't always for wearing out in public. :ey:

20. Something tells me a person wouldn't wear it if they actually had weed in the car with them...although some people aren't very smart.
    But it's not illegal to smell like weed.