Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis Oil Is Curing My Dogs Lymphoma

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WayneC, Aug 8, 2014.

1. #1 WayneC, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    Just a quick hello to everyone. I've just recently joined and wanted to say this is an awesome forum. My wife and I are recent converts to the cause after witnessing firsthand what this oil can do.

Our 8 year old dog was diagnosed with lymphoma 10 weeks ago and the vet who saw her said she'd have about 3 to 6 months if untreated. Chemo would buy her an additional 6 months, but she would ultimately succumb to it matter what we did. As a point reference, three days prior to that the 6 tumors went from slightly noticeable to an average of 5cm each.

We put her on the oil that very day and witnessed the first sign it was working almost immediately when the tumors stopped growing. Stayed that way for 6 weeks. As soon as her tolerance level was up to a gram of oil a day her tumors shrank by about 18 percent in 2 weeks and it's still shrinking.

This event has literally changed our lives.

• Like Like x 17
  2. Great story! Thanks. As for changing the title, editing your post might work. 

3. Amazing story thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

4. I hope it gives your dog a few more years of good life. I pray I will not need to do the same but will in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Digital Veil, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
    Very nice, best of luck.  I lost my dog to lymphoma a year and a half ago.  I used some RSO but was unable to get the dose up enough to help, it was very difficult for me to gauge how he was doing on the dose and didn't want to add to the suffering by keeping him too high.  By the time he was diagnosed he was pretty ill, I got him on a bunch of different herbs and the RSO but he passed ~3 months after diagnoses.  Miss ya buddy!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Thanks, everyone. Still can't believe this stuff's for real. Hell, I still can't believe my dog actually got cancer to begin with.

Is it me, or did reality just shift? The potential is so amazing... wow

• Like Like x 1
  7. so many people waking up to potential in plants and nature that we have lost from technology driven egos and profit driven man made medical madness. one of the best things I've seen lately is people waking up to the potential in plants ( cannabis) but there are so many plants on the planet that humans shit and step on and do not know anything about.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Found out my dog has lymphoma today. Does anyone have any advice on how much to start dosing with?

9. Sorry to hear man :/  Best of luck, be prepared for the worst..shit moves fast.

You need to start slow or the dog will be very high, throwing up and not able to walk normally.  That being said, you need a strong daily dose to have any effect.  I have no answers as I was unable to save my own dog.  Still gives me nightmares.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sorry to hear but thank you

11. Great thread, glad you're curing your pup. i hope mods don't remove the thread, it's for health not to get em high

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship

12. WayneC, I have a question... please help me!  My dog also has cancer, anal and oral and I want to try RSO for a last ditch effort... Can you tell me what you dose your dog at, what kind of oil you use, if you make it yourself, etc... I'm so ready to do this but so scared to work with those flammable chemicals and also scared about his reaction to the oil...

13. My apologies to everyone for not updating this thread, I had forgotten about it until babybleu PM'ed me, In a nutshell my girl Zoey died last October, 2 months after I started this thread.

It's been difficult dealing with this on so many levels of which I won't get into right now. I've been reading and re-reading all my journal entries for the 5 months that we were treating her and here are the things I've learned:

First off, the dosing was perfect. We started her off with one drop a day until she could take one drop every 18 hours, then 12 hours and we shortened the gap down to every 4 hours. Once that happened, we upped the dose gradually. You can tell when you've given too much by how deeply she slept. If she peed herself, we'd taper the dosage back and start pushing again as soon as we could. Our goal was to keep her as sedated as possible without getting her too sedated to go out or eat when she needed to.

The dosage and the strains we used weren't the problem. The problem in hindsight was consistency and chlorophyl. We bought the RSO from our dispensary. It had the THC, but didn't have any CBD, so we augmented it with R4 from another dispensary an hour away. We condensed the buds ourselves using a Magical Butter Machine. That's when I saw things looking marvelous and I started this thread. Soon after, things got worse. Her stomach couldn't handle the oil anymore and it is, I'm sure, due to the chlorophyl that we weren't removing. Worse than that, the dispensary ran out of R4 so we had to substitute with other strains that didn't work as well. I don't fault them, the demand was high and the effects were phenomenal, and at the end of the day, they're a business with real world supply issues.

Add to that, the dispensary we got the high THC RSO from were constantly changing strains. Every time the strain was different, we had to start all over again trying to build up her tolerance. I believe the key is building up a tolerance so the body can take more and more cannabinoids.

So, in coclusion, here are the mistakes we made and possible solutions when (not if) I have to do this all over again.

1) Stay consistent: Keep the strain variety to a minimum as much as possible. RSO requires a massive amount of plant material to be effective. The only way I know how to do this is by growing the weed ourselves, Back then we didn't have time, so we made do with what we could and that was through dispensaries.

2) Remove the chlorophyl. Zoey always had digestive issues to begin with so this may not be applicable to everyone. When I'd take the dose we were giving her (I had to to make sure I could handle what she was taking), I'd get heartburn and a touch of indigestion. She got it worse. I'm still in the midst of researching how to do this better. We've added an extra step of using a coffee filter after draining it from the Magical Butter machine, but it still has a bit of chlorophyl.

3) Full plant extract., always. The R4 buds we were getting was purely flower, so when we reduced it down to oil form, we didn't have the complete cannabinoid/terpene/flavinoid profile of the whole plant. I'm sure the RSO would've been more effective had we had the whole plant. Only solution is to geow our own.

I hope this information helps.

• Like Like x 2
  14. #14 VetCBD, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
    Hi all,

WayneC I'm really sorry to hear you lost your pup. It's so sad that they can spend their whole lives with us but we can't do the same.

For anyone else that was interested, look into high CBD strains. CBD has a lot of the medical properties of MMJ, but doesn't give a high.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Where did u get it? My dog was diagnosed yesterday... Please help

16. My dog was just Diagnosed Thursday!
    Been reading a lot about this CBD Oil from all over. I Started (Allie) my dog on it before I got the results back this past week. Well my first time by trial and error was I didn't think I gave her a lot at all. Just a tiny tiny bit, well she couldn't walk couldn't hold her head up nothing just lay there and look at me and I tried to give her water and she like got spoked and if you went to touch her or just anything she was like paranoid and that freaked me out so bad. She slept all that day and all that night, which she really did need. Slept most of the next day until about mid evening started coming around. And was acting like her self again. But I didn't give her anymore after that experience. I been trying to find the dosage that's right for her because I know what I gave her was to much and made her way way to baked. Anyways did more reading online and well I just did the CBD OIL without being mixed with RSO. She has been slowly on it for two days now with none of that other experience from the first time I gave to her. I am keeping positive this is going to help her in all ways possible. I will try to updated on Allie's condition as she builds her tolerance up to being just the 4 yr old playful lovable mommas & daddy's girl doggy back to herself again!! Praying this really does help her. I can't handle seeing her suffer it pains me so much! So if anyone out there knows that this really does help cure please share with me. And I am so sorry for those of you whom lost your best friend. Made me cry I am truly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine any of this right now. She is what keeps me going right now. This whole thing just sucks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. It's so sad to hear about so much cancer in our fur children! I had to put my 12 year old german shepherd Olisia down on May 6th after she had been diagnosed with Lymphoma in February. I hadn't been able to obtain Cannabis Oil in South Africa as and form of Cannabis is illegal. On Friday May 29 her 8 year old daughter Vega was also diagnosed with Lymphoma. This is absolutely destroying me! This time I vowed to get and use the oil but I'm unsure of what to expect. I have started her on 1 drop at night. I haven't noticed ant difference in her personality so unable to say how it affects her. She throws up quite a bit during the night but now I don't know if it's the oil or if it's her Myasthenia Gravis paired with a Mega Oesophagus. When I was giving her the CBD oil (300mg strength) 5 drops 3 x daily she wasn't throwing up, thus I was giving purely for pain relief as her lymph nodes in her throat were very swollen and she continuously made choking sounds and wasnt eating. Now she eats and no longer makes these noises. Is there anyone that can tell me what to expect and when to increase the dose and by how much?

18. I give Allie 1 drop three times a day every 4-6 hrs. Which seems to be really helping her. I will give her three drops starting tomorrow. She seems to be tolerating it really well.
    So sorry to hear about your fur baby. I am hopeful this will work. Think positive. I will pray for your baby as well to heal and fight this cancer off!! Allie loves water and her ice. So she gets that all day long cause she is drinking on her own. And she is starting to eat more. I make boiled chicken for her with rice and or give her chicken noodle soup. I warm it up and she will eat it. But I heard they should be on a raw diet? Not sure what that is yet. Going to call the vet and find out exactly.
    I will help you with what I find that helps Allie may also help your furry baby too:)
    All we can do is show them lots of love and hopefully they will fight it off. Humans do it everyday. So I believe our animals can do it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. my dog got diognosed with cancer were can i get the simpson oil i live in new jersey please advise

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thank you I really appreciate and need all the help I can get. They say you need to desensitise the dogs because of the THC so how many drops did you start with and how soon did you increase it and to how many? In other words in wat time frame did you reach 1 drop 3 x a day?