Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis oil and CBD affects

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by rizzay_splizzay, Apr 28, 2017.

?

How much oil can be distilled from a certain amount of cannabis?

1. 1 ounce of bud makes 5ml of oil ect.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 1 pound of bud reduces down to 100 ml of oil ect.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HI there,

Just a few questions to put out there on the affects of CBD on someone that suffers from depression, i have been asked by a family member to grow a particular strain of cannabis for them that is high in CBD as they believe it will help with their depression and i would like to know how it will impact on them.

They also want it in the form of oil that is water distilled and it would be great to know how much oil you can get off a standard one plant grow. So i generally get a little less than a pound of bud per plant per yield but i have no idea how much that would reduce down to if distilled into oil.

If anyone has any useful info for me it would be much appreciated. Cheers =)

2. Okay for one, you can't make a true distillation without a short path. At most you can make RSO but without a test result for your plant, there's no way to know an accurate mg ratio for your oils.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

3. Also "water" distilled isn't a thing. You could have a water based carrying agent as opposed to vegetable glycerin but the molecules don't bind well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. But it's all about your process etc. The purest form of oil and what I make is thc distillate and htfse. The process would work the same with Cbd distillate but again you'd need a short path.

5. CBD has done well for me as a mood stabilizer, I was suicidal before starting daily use, but have not had any problems as long as I've been good on taking it daily (It's rough when supply gets interrupted though). It gives me a very calm, level mental state and makes me feel "right".

Just keep in mind that edible forms do not work for some people, I know I found that out the hard way after wasting ounces of primo CBD flower on making edibles. Inhalation is the only way CBD works for me, so if you don't see results from oil give either a bong or a vaporizer a try.

The most important part of using CBD for psychiatric purposes though is being consistent. Keep track of what dosages you are using and test for potency in each batch if possible. If you don't have access to a lab, there are kits you can buy online for this purpose. Also, keep dosages at a regular schedule. I have to take a dose every 3 hours to keep myself at an optimal level. This means bringing a small amount to work with me in a vaporizer.

If you are going to grow, really do some research into your chosen strain and the effects it has. Some strains are high CBD but also high THC, which might not be the best for long-term treatment of depression.

• Like Like x 1