Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis may have saved my grandfather

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by McShane, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Hello all. So about a month ago, my grandfather had a surgery to remove his bladder due to cancer. The surgery went well, but a few days afterwards, he began having severe nausea, stomach cramps, inability to eat or keep food down, and general pain. After being admitted to the hospital for two days due to his malnutrition and dehydration, he returned home, but wasn't showing much improvement. I decided there was no sense not telling him about cannabis, and approached him with information about its medical properties, and thankfully he decided to give it a try. He took a few tokes, and laid down for a nap before he tried to eat. I saw him this morning, and he told me it was the first time in the past month he was able to eat an actual supper...I just felt so happy that he was willing to try it and that it's showing near instant relief for his pain. There isn't really a point to this, I really just felt like sharing my story with the community.

2. Wow thats really cool man! Congratulations! Also Good luck to your grandpa, Cancers a bitch.

3. Thank you! I think he'll continue improving as he eats more and gets his strength back.

4. Was this just a one time thing or are you giving him medicine now daily?

Anyways a nice story, makes me happy to read :)

5. I'm actually lending him my pipe so that he can medicate at his own need. Makes me happy too man :)

6. When you see your Granddad tell him from another oldtimer, I'm 67, good luck with his fight and I'm glad to see another person using Cannabis to help in his fight.

Also a BIG thumbs up to you for showing your Gramps the research that helped him make up his mind to try it.

7. #7 rain dancer, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
    It saved my life last year. I went from 245lbs to 135lbs in 6 weeks. Was nearly hospitalized at the 4 week mark for losing 80lbs in 3 weeks due to dessiminated valley fever.

Doctors said I would die but didn't give a date. I'm 25, so it was a devastating reality. I bought a house for my young wife and kids and continued to deteriorate, losing my ability to walk and eventually becoming confined to a bed from paralysis.

Since my immune system was at 100 percent defense at all times and my lungs were failing, I stopped smoking completely. Pneumonia set in and the doctors changed my diagnosis to lung cancer then to tuberculosis. I was quarantined. They settled on valley fever after cat scans, mris, lung xrays, blood, spit, and urine tests, etc.

My wife made edibles, but I couldnt eat. I smoked, but I coughed up blood and would pass out. I woke up one day, smoked, coughed up blood, ate a meal and went to sleep. It stayed down. More smoke, more blood, more food.

I slowly began to walk with a cane. People wouldnt look at me in public. Compassion was shown to me. A drs recommendation was written. My lungs cleared and I didn't die. I'm not in school anymore, but I'm alive. I wouldn't be without this plant.

I'm as sick as a person can be but I smoke daily. It doesn't alleviate much pain,but I manage to keep down one meal a day and I'm above ground so it's a good day.

I got valley fever from inhaling a microscopic piece of dust while mowing the lawn. It could happen to anyone. There are 7500 hundred new cases a year of this lung disease, no cure, and the fed govt. Once stock piled it as a biological weapon of war in the fifties as it is the same size as microscopic anthrax and predomintly targets people with dark skin. It mimicks the flu and is a fungus that thrives in the lungs and once spread in the body, can lead to meningitis.

According to doctors I shouldn't be alive. I'm lucky they say, as another local man gets weekly antifungal injections through the base of his skull into his brain.

Damn.

8. so happy to hear this. weed really is the cure to everything, whether its a serious condition such as what your grandpa is suffering from or just a small condition like insomnia, weed cures it all.

9. Damn, you are a true survivor. It sounds like you've seen hell, but as you said, thanks to this amazing plant, you're alive another day.

10. Almost dying is a curse of mine, but you gotta admit, there's something about mary, jane that is.