Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis makes your heart larger?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by White Widow x, Mar 11, 2011.

1. I was lying in bed and remembered some propaganda that only one person has ever said, and it actually makes perfect sense, but I want to know if it's true.

I remember a little while back n my health class this lady came in with all these organs. One was a very enlarged heart of what she said was a cannabis smoker.

This thing was enormous.

Now for her reasoning, she claimed that when you inhale smoke (tobacco and cannabis smoke alike) it causes your main artery in your heart to shrink up, so less blood is getting through. Since your getting less blood through with each pump, your brain communicates with your heart, and tells it to beat faster to push more blood through. This is what causes your heart to beat faster after you have smoked, now your heart stays beating this fast for two hours (bullshit). Since your heart was pumping so fast and your heart is a muscle it gains muscle mass and grows because you are, in a way, workingmout your heart.

There is only one thing I can find to disprove this, and that is the fact that exercise also causes your heart rate to go up, and everyone should getting 1 hour a day. So that means your heart should be beating fast for an hour each day, while as a good pot smoker shouldn't even be smoking every day. So with this logic exercise also makes your heart enlarge.

Can anybody prove or disprove this

2. Please be a troll. Just because cannabis increases your heart rate doesn't mean it gets larger.

3. I understand that... The theory in retrospect makes perfect sense, but still can be disproven. I just wanted opinions on this bit of propaganda

4. She is a liar. That's my theory.

5. Plot hole right here.

Tobacco constricts the air ways and blood vessels. Cannabis does the opposite, it makes them more open and easily flowing,
    It is a vascular stimulant, have you ever felt like you could feel your blood pumping around your body?
    So yeah. I can see cigarettes fucking up your heart like that, but not cannabis. I think AboveTheInfluence would be all over that if it were true.

Novacaine does the same thing, when I get it at the doctor I'm buggin for a few minutes after lol.

6. I think they'd be all over it even if it wasn't ;)

7. your heart beats faster after smoking cigarettes because nicoteine is a stimulant, doesent weed slow down your heart?

8. It really depends on the strain and the concentrations of CB and THC. CB is a depressant, while THC is a stimulant. Indica strains have high levels of CB and generally low levels of THC, while sativa strains have high levels of THC, low levels of CB, and hybrids have a good mix of both, so hybrids are both stimulative and depressant.

Nicotine raises blood pressure, and is a vasoconstrictor. That's it.