Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis Makes You Dumb (later in life)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OppeMon, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Maybe we are looking at this controversy the wrong way. Maybe cannabis doesnt kill braincells but it does cause your brain to mature faster essentially hardening the brain so your brain can't develop any further. Like, if you were 15 years old, and you smoked daily, it would lock you into a 15 year old's brain. If you were 21 years old, you would be locked into a 21 year old's brain. Ofc, our brains should be mostly developed at 21 years.

2. sounds like propaganda

3. Sounds like bullshit

4. Dont buy into the bullshit.

5. It's anti-propoganda, the reason people are sucked into propoganda is because they just don't understand it and are afraid. If you word the propoganda in a different way, it can affect how a person percieves it. This whole "marijuana makes you dumb" propoganda was based off of something and that something can be worded in a different way to make this issue seem like a non-issue.

6. Oh and I can understand these "people" im talking about are here too, im just looking for a healthy discussion with fellow intelligent stoners.

7. #7 Stinkweed, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
    Its true, I've been smoking for 69.4 years and I can't 1,2, buckle my shoe

But seriously, no.

8. It isn`t that bad! Curing Cancer and shit, eh!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiP9LVtE9EY&list=PL7535CE394CCCB891&index=1&feature=plpp_video]Cannabis Cured Cancer - YouTube[/ame]

9. I dont think it makes you dumb just gives you temporary memory loss which makes you seem dumb but not real bad memory loss also never knew cannabis has actually cured cancer ive only heard that it shrinks it and stops it from growing but thats amazing if its cured it.

10. Im just going to sit here and wait for Granny *Pulls up a chair and lights a joint*

11. *Finally finishes joint 3 months and 15 days later, then refreshes page only to find out that Granny didn't come through this time.*

12. It's been proven that smoking marijuana actually doesn't kill brain cells. In fact it stimulates them.

13. :hello:

Was about to talk some shit about you bumping old thread, when i realized you knew.

Granny used telekinesis to send the lists to his brain in a .txt file, didn't even need to post.

14. It has actually been proven that it does not cause any memory loss at all.

15. Wouldn't really make sense how so many scientists and business men have smoked weed... never mind the president. Does he have a mental age of 20 then? LOL.

16. also have seen studies that after 30 days of not smoking there is no permanent damage to brain cells.

also also read that a main ingredient in cannabis (CBD) can completely inhibit growth of ID-1 cells (cells in which cancer grows and multiplies). Although cancer only spreads through that specific cell in around %10-%15 of all cancer. so no its not a complete miracle cure for cancer but with proper research once its legalized i believe we'll be able to increase its usefulness well beyond its natural ability

the more you know....

17. Sounds retarded, who comes up with this shit?

Hahaha

18. The phrasing of this post proves this theory is rubbish.
    How can you get "locked into" a "brain" ?
    Scientific weed studies have heavily suggested any effects weed has
    on memory reverse when you stop smoking.

19. I would like to say as a 2 almost 3 year toker 17-19 that i am not stuck in a 17 year olds mind, i know the vast level of maturity i have gained in these last few years....soo no.

20. Weed doesn't make you stupid. Well I guess it makes some people stupid because i've seen some dumb fuckin stoners who don't do shit and smoke weed all day. I personally am motivated by weed and I still work just as hard when high. It just depends on the person and whether they can handle weed.