Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis Kills Antibiotic Resistant MRSA? WTFFFFFF

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Synned, Apr 26, 2009.

1. There needs to be a LOT more research done. I would prefer to see some peer reviewed articles rather than something publised by a Cannabis magazine.

2. There were no real sources, or research. Just one pothead writing another legalization article.

3. They mention a couple of studies anecdotally without linking to anything. I agree, and this kind of thing doesn't help the legalization movement.

There is growing evidence backing many of the claims of the medicinal properties of cannabis, to be sure, but when people make bold blanket claims that it's a miracle cure they really aren't helping matters.

Cannabis does have some amazing medical properties, but a lot more real research and a lot less preaching/proselytizing needs to be done.

4. Much better :D

That has been bookmarked.

5. I have had MRSA off and on for the last several years, treated in a hospital after five years only last summer in 2009. Regardless of hospital treatment, the MRSA continues to come back over and over again.

When I was seen in the hospital, after 13 emergency room misdiagnoses and oodles of antibiotics made to kill anything from Anthrax to the entire bacteria on the body, the doctors mentioned I was lucky to be alive. Funny... this MRSA problem was bad... but not REALLY bad until I went to the very people who are supposed to 'cure' us.

Here I am, less than a year later. And guess what... I still have MRSA! So, the doctors can't cure me... more or less make me worse... and now, because of the amount of time it took to 'cure' me (I'd say 13 emergency room visits is a lot) I endured the worst kind of financial hardship.

Beyond that, here's what I DO know. If it wasn't for marajuana, some days, I wouldn't be able to get out of bed. When I'm sick with MRSA, I'm so nauseated, I can't eat. And I proceed to get worse unless... ding ding ding! That's right. In fact, in my entire experience with the illness, as long as I stick to herb and leave out all the toxic chemicals hospitals these days are using to treat diseases... I've stayed alive, happy, and relatively comfortable. Whether doctors, FDA, and medical community as a whole wanna put that in their pipe and smoke it... well, that's up to them.

6. Now, this is from my home list, but DANG! you guys have GOT to start reading my list! (linked in my sig) Cannabis kills MRSA in a different way than standard antibiotics, this is why it can kill MRSA with all its resistance to drugs. Also, we haven't exactly been using cannabis as a germ killer, so there is no way MRSA could have built up any sort of a resistance.

And take particular note of the DATES of the first 3! FYI- 19,000 Americans die from MRSA every year. Countless more are maimed by this "flesh-eating" bacteria. Now look at those dates again, and do the math! THAT is only part of the "collateral damage" from the our government's "War on Drugs".

HEMP AS A MEDICAMENT : Methods and results of the bacteriological experiments (full - 1955)
    HEMP AS A MEDICAMENT - Methods and results of the bacteriological experiments

(Better yet, go here -

GREAT 1955 Cannabis Studies! MRSA, TB and more! - GreenPassion.org - Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation and Education

for the whole mind-blowing series of studies. :eek: And I don't use "mind-blowing" lightly! The work is fantastic, especially since it was done when I was 8 years old- but, it "somehow" got lost! :mad: )

Antibacterial preparation from hemp (Cannabis sativa) (abst - 1958)
    ChemPort Reference Linking Service

Hemp (Cannabis sativa)-an antibiotic drug. II. Methods and results of bacteriological investigations and preliminary clinical experiences (abst -1958)
    ChemPort Reference Linking Service

Effect of Biogenic Amines and Cannabinoids on Bacterial Chemotaxis
    (full - 1973)
    Effect of Biogenic Amines and Cannabinoids on Bacterial Chemotaxis

Antibacterial activity of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol.
    (abst - 1976)
    Antibacterial activity of delta9-tetrahydrocannabi... [Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 1976] - PubMed result

Effects of cannabinoids on host resistance to Listeria monocytogenes and herpes simplex virus. (full - 1979)
    Effects of cannabinoids on host resistance to Listeria monocytogenes and herpes simplex virus.

Biological activity of cannabichromene, its homologs and isomers. (abst - 1981)
    Cannabis Research - Medical Uses - anti-viral/anti-bacterial

Antibacterial cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa: a structure-activity study.
    (full - 2008)
    Antibacterial Cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa: A Structure

Pot is good for you? Marijuana fights the superbugs (news - 2008)
    News Blog: Pot is good for you? Marijuana fights the superbugs

Killing bacteria with cannabis (news - 2008)
    Killing bacteria with cannabis

A New MRSA Defense (news - 2008)
    Technology Review: A New MRSA Defense

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA (news - 2008)
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Cannabis Compounds Reduce Multi-Drug Resistant Infections (news - 2009)
    Cannabis Compounds Reduce Multi-Drug Resistant Infections

Biologically Active Cannabinoids from High-Potency Cannabis sativa.
    (abst - 2009)
    Unbound MEDLINE | Biologically Active Cannabinoids from High-Potency Cannabis sativa. Journal article abstract

Characterization and antimicrobial activity of essential oils of industrial hemp varieties (Cannabis sativa L.). (abst - 2009)
    Characterization and antimicrobial activity of ess... [Fitoterapia. 2010] - PubMed result

Cannabis Compounds Reduce Multi-Drug Resistant Infections (news - 2009)
    Cannabis Compounds Reduce Multi-Drug Resistant Infections | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET

Natural plant cannabinoids reduce multi-drug resistant infections (news - 2009)
    Natural plant cannabinoids reduce multi-drug resistant infections

We have to stop this madness! Educate the people around you! 19,000 a year is too many lives lost, when the cure is already here! Kabelik and Krejci knew what cannabias could do in the 50s, but the Drug War has suppresses honest research that could save lives!

Although getting high is fun, and all that, this is really about stopping a "silent slaughter"! Add those 19,000 MRSA victims, to the women with aggressive breast cancer, and those with glioma, colon and prostate cancers, people with MS, ulcerative colitis (my Mother-in-law died of it before I knew cannabis could heal it :( ), diabetes, Alzheimer's and many more conditions- the real cost in lives is unbelievable! Help me stop this insanity, educate others by sharing my list!

Granny :wave:

7. Well, they could put it in their pipe and smoke it, but unfortunately, there's not a trillion dollars worth of revenue in the bottom of that pipe, so they'll just stick to what they do best; Manufacturing chemical "medicines" with dangerous side effects to pawn off on the innocent and unknowing public while paying off any groups that would oppose it's use.

Yeah, I think that just about sums up Big Pharmas MO... :rolleyes:

8. My family of mmj patients have been using topical mmj cream for about a year.

It really does kill every infection in comes in contact with.

See our videos to learn how to make the topical preparation

to fight any infection, at our website:

letstalkaboutpot.com

Primo

:wave: