Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis- Key to your sight

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jayjangle, Apr 20, 2012.

1. #1 Jayjangle, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2012
    Hello everyone, it has been a very long time since I have posted here. Due to work and other disappointing events that have gone down, I am having to take a long break from weed. I will smoke again some day, but for now, I need to get in a better place to do so.

However, I did gain some valuable gifts from my toking when I did it for a year or so, despite the lack of motivation and such. I learned how to think beyond my natural limits, and two months after hitting the bong last, I continue to think with the same depth. At the cost of some recoverable things, I opened my eyes- and my mind- a bit more. I want to take a little time to help others see how I did it.

Chances are, most of you seasoned tokers know what I mean, and you have your own methods and opinions on how it works. I'm not trying to assert my viewpoints on philosophy or change how everyone does things. I just hope someone out there is like me, and values the potential of his or her mind enough to learn how to truly utilize a high and gain more than relaxation from it.

I want to avoid this becoming another book-length thread, so if anyone is actually curious about what I have to say, ask whatever you want and I will do my best to answer them the best I can.

However, some basic observances I made, time and time again, from my use of herb (about twice a day for a year or so). All this is assuming you want to smoke for reasons other than chilling highs; which is fine, but won't really apply to these.

0. Using bud as a mental tool has a major drawback for everyone; you can literally us it to think too much intentionally, sometimes ruining your future highs (especially when you want to toke to chill and just be high), among other things. In my case, I was determined to use it as a tool, but others might not want to slate it as such.
    1. The mind is flexible and ever-changing. Rather than sticking to limited ideals and opinions, it is best to allow new ideas to flow in, making it easier to determine which are easiest to stand by forever.
    2. When you smoke bud, you are using a drug. I don't really care who thinks it isn't a 'drug' by whatever street terminology/criteria they use...it is a substance that *will* impact and possibly warp your mind when used. Never forget this, or it will control you.
    3. [possibly the most important] Bud is a mere possession like anything else that you use; chances are good that you will not be able to smoke it every day of your life, or even every year. So, think of it as a temporary tool: it will be easier to get the most out of it when you use it.
    4. Never convince yourself that bud is bad if you genuinely like it (at that point, you are conforming and not following your own mind/heart). However, always strive to determine *why* you like it. Doing this not only keeps you on track with your use and development...it also gives you an easy way to explore your mind, as your awareness of both the drug and yourself will improve. If you don't like it, don't use it.
    5. Ever heard of the Homunculus [roughly, "small human"] Argument? It is a controversial and inherently contradictory theory that holds that there is ultimately something smaller within everything, indicating that nothing absolutely explains itself. While scholars and "informed" people will always dismiss theories using this model, it is one that is helpful to learn to use with a grain of salt when you toke and think about your own mind. You likely won't literally believe there is a smaller person inside you, but it may help to see THC as what causes certain thoughts to happen. 6. Finally, learn to distinguish the intellectual effects of the high from the emotional effects of them. A big problem of mine was getting too amerced in either one and neglecting to see how the other was impacting me. When I became aware of both scales at the same time, my highs magically became more constructive and less nervous.

That's all for now. I appreciate your patience; I understand reading this much while stoned isn't exactly pleasant all the time.

2. the ones that resonated with me most are 2,3,4,and 6.

anyone checking this thread out, take some time to read this^, and stop being lazy!!

3. I certainly think smoking has helped "open my eyes." I took my first hit when I was around 15-16 (I'll turn 23 this year).

There are a lot of "crazy" things--concepts, science, ideas, etc--that I think many non-tokers look at as plain nonsense. Smoking seemed to have opened my eyes to see beyond what I'm told to believe is right. I'm not saying that by smoking marijuana I learned and became more spiritual, but rather it allowed me to be more open and willing to listen to new and "crazy" ideas.

I think if I had never smoked, I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. Much of the stuff I've learned wouldn't have been put to use, because it was just "a bunch of hippy nonsense." For example, the concept of manifestation. I've noticed first hand that if you cultivate negative energy, you get just that. But if you exude good, positive energy you also go that. I firmly believe this is try, and because of this you are able to essentially have whatever life you want. And you can see it pretty easily. Just look at a poor person. They say (or think), "I'm just poor. I'll never have money, because life isn't fair." And do those people ever get more money? No. Now, look at a wealth person. Better yet, a wealthy person who started poor. Do you think they told themselves that they were just poor and always going to be poor? No! They knew they were wealthy, and by knowing and feeling that it came to them.

So yea, stuff like that. I think if I told that to non-smokers (and even some people here), many would walk off laughing--I probably would have as well, had I never smoked. Marijuana has certainly changed my perspective on life, and I feel it's been for the better.

4. Thank you both for your responses. Yes, I get exactly what you mean...I've always seen MJ as a drug, obviously, but a different- more potentially useful- sort of drug. To be quite honest, I would really dig a nice bowl right about now, but I'm eating my words so that I can get things going and- one day- sit on my own couch in my own place and light up. The glorious thing about weed is that you crave it when you don't have it, but all the while, there are no nasty physical or even mental withdrawals to deal with.

It is 4/20 today. I hope you all have a fantastic holiday, and remember the purpose of it while you soar. Bud is a glorious thing, but its image will only improve if stoners continue to demonstrate the positive effects it can grant.

5. /]*[\ good luck!!!

6. You started your list with a 0.
    Doing computer stuff now? :smoke: