Cannabis is not meant to be smoked..

Discussion in 'General' started by OpenMindFields, Jan 10, 2012.

1. It's meant to be eaten.

I'm positive of this.

The spectrum of effects are almost day and night, it's amazing the same substance can have such a different variety of effects depending on ingestion..

I've noticed in other users, and myself, that people just chase their next bag, looking to get stoned constantly, and the users always deem theirselves the best opinion or best reasoning, no matter what's really presented to them at the time.

It does harm the lungs, maybe not as much as tobacco, but still smoking anything is not good for your lungs period, and does cause premature hardening of the arteries. It also DOES affect memory, there seems to be a larger awareness of the immediate moment, the here and now, and users tend to just let everything else slip away.

Eaten cannabis on the other hand.. Opens up important issues in the self, towards the world, showing you the higher dimensions of reality, where you really fit in the great picture, that good ol' "Psychedelic" thing that we all know about.

Maybe I'll get flamed, maybe I won't, but the bottom line with cannabis, is it is illegal, and we should all be law abiding citizens. Right? ;)

2. i agree.

overall i'd say edibles > smoking

ain't nothing like being high for 5-6 hours and having an epic ass disney movie marathon

no having to reup or anything

3. we'd still not be law abiding citizens....considering the law says its illegal to possess cannabis in any form.....its actually not a law against smoking cannabis.

4. ....fuck I forgot

5. I just wish I had the space and time to make edibles.. I totally agree with you, not a huge fan of smoking really (you'd be surprised by how much I smoke), but I solely do it for the effects. I find ingesting a substance to be much more agreeable.

6. yall are going to tell me getting high is just as fun without inhaling something into your lungs? i imagine getting high would be boring as hell from just eating it. i mean i love doing smoke tricks, i loooooooooooooveeeeeeeee taking bong hits (fucking love it) and vape is even fun too cus u still inhalin shit.

how could yal hate on smoking

7. I thought you meant straight up eating nugs of weed to get high, that won't work lol. Cannabis needs to be heated in order to get you high.

I don't think it was "meant" to be ingested in any particular way, its just a plant. As a being, you choose what method is best. Physically, eating it is safer than smoking, but some people like the actual act of smoking. If you're going to ingest cannabis through your lungs, at least vaporize it.

8. idk, probably would have been really hard in the 1800s and before

9. Actually, I don't think it was meant to be consumed at all. Isn't THC a defense mechanism of some sort?

10. really? is this guy for real? I didn't know that. I was just buying lighters to match the color of my bong............

11. Actually, smoking it activates more psychoactive effects than eating.

When eaten, THC has about 5-6% bioavailability (potential to be absorbed by the body and used)

When smoked, THC has about 16-20% bioavailability.

Not to mention that digestion targets CB2 receptors as opposed to CB1 which results in a more "body high" feeling.

12. I know you are being sarcastic... But actually, it does not need to be heated up (unless you smoke it). For edibles, heating it speeds up the process of the THC being absorbed by oils and fats, but if you just let it sit cold for a while, it will have the same effect.

13. Smokeyes you don't have to be such an asshole. Some people don't know that, some idiots think you can get high by literally eating nugs. Theres probably a few morons that admitted to it on the forum.

14. naw heating it up doesn't speed the process......it is the process of THC being absorbed.

sitting in cold does nothing, try it.

15. hahah come on, grasscity is prety fucking retarded at times but...... not that retarded.

16. I've seen some pretty retarded posts here in the short time I've been a member lol.

17. Marijuana Improves Mental Sharpness In Middle-Aged Men: Study - Toke of the Town

:wave:

18. could be but i dont want to wait 3 hours to get high.

19. Meant?

There's no 'book' stating how humans should consume cannabis.

We will do whatever means to get it in our bodies.

20. The liver converts THC into 11-hydroxy thc, which is materially more psychoactive than just THC. Rm3 Labs » The Major Cannabinoids

Which explains why you can take the schwaggiest of schwag, and make an edible, and still get high off your nuts.