Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis is not a drug

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by corydub, Feb 6, 2011.

1. I like how you paint the picture of clandestine chemists being scummy methmakers, very casual.

2. Not all are obviously, but you should see the environment of some "labs". Most rolls are cut with some shitty chemical. All I was trying to do was say that natural drugs are made by nature, not by manmade chemicals that chemists can prepare in any way they like and not give a shit about how it affects the person who takes it.

3. Most people that buy rolls are stupid, and a lot of chemists are lazy and don't care. Your point? You obviously have to trust your source. I have extremely high standards I refuse to eat any molecules with any impurities that show as coloration.

The proof is in the pudding, I don't care if someones lab is in their garage, or even their fucking bathroom. If they have enough room for a fume hood, and have the knowledge and desire to truly spread the love, more power to them.

I'm sorry your personal convictions limits your molecular intake

4. "Drugs" are not inherently bad things.. Seems to be a common fallacy among the internet.

5. lol just the internet?

any time someone says someone is on drugs everyone is like :eek:

6. To the people who claim Cannabis is all natural blah blah blah

What exactly is natural about growing plants in artificial conditions with fertilizers and chemicals and then drying them out to smoke them? There is nothing different from an illegal indoor grow operation than someone making meth in their basement. Indoor grown is nothing like natural grown outdoor buds. You wouldn't get indoor weed in any natural condition, you are basically are synthesizing marijuana.

Somebody had the nerve to ask me what's unnatural about smoking dried plant matter? LMAO Thats exactly why people are shot for no apparent reason, some shit like that comes out of their mouth

7. Pretty sure i dont cut my dried plant matter with baking soda, then snort or inject it. Also pretty sure weed has been proven to be one of the most beneficial plant known to man.

Im just pretty sure, though.

8. people are shot for asking how dried plants are unnatural? :confused:

9. You must be so G bruh. GET MONEY GET BITCHES.

10. Yeah it is...It changes how you feel for the time being. If it wasn't a drug, no one would smoke it. You smoke it to get high mang.

11. Let's get technical, shall we?

From here...
    Ethnobotany

WHAT IS ETHNOBOTANY?

Ethnobotany is the study of how people of a particular culture and region make of use of indigenous plants. Ethnobotanists explore how plants are used for such things as food, shelter, medicine, clothing, hunting, and religious ceremonies.
    [​IMG]Medicinal plants are extracted
    at Shaman Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
    Photo by Mark Tuschmanii, 1996.
    Ethnobotany has its roots in botany, the study of plants. Botany, in turn, originated in part from an interest in finding plants to help fight illness. In fact, medicine and botany have always had close ties. Many of today's drugs have been derived from plant sources. Pharmacognosy is the study of medicinal and toxic products from natural plant sources. At one time, pharmacologists researching drugs were required to understand the natural plant world, and physicians were schooled in plant-derived remedies. However, as modern medicine and drug research advanced, chemically-synthesized drugs replaced plants as the source of most medicinal agents in industrialized countries. Although research in plant sources continued and plants were still used as the basis for some drug development, the dominant interest (and resulting research funding) shifted to the laboratory.

Sounds to me like the Ethnobotanists believe drugs come from plants, hmmmmm.:eek:

ETHNOBOTANICAL DRUG DEVELOPMENT

Once the plants have arrived at the company's research site, processing the plants for medicinal purposes begins. The plants are tagged with the information from the field study. The plants are processed and tested in studies completed by ethnopharmacologists, using state of the art laboratory equipment (which may include High Pressure Liquid Chromatography studies and in vivo transgenic animal studies). The objective is to screen the plants metabolites to determine how relevant they are to the therapeutic areas of interest. The most promising initial plant compounds are fractionated to obtain pure samples in milligram amounts. These natural pure compounds are compared to the best available therapeutics by in vitro testing. If the bioassay is successful, the compound is structurally characterized and is subject to a confirmatory biological test.
    Promising compounds are scaled up to provide gram quantities for animal testing to determine safety and efficacy. Pharmacologists with backgrounds in metabolism, pharmacokinetics, medicinal chemistry and formulation design experiments to determine whether the selected compounds have activity. After this testing is completed, the samples are compared with the best available marketed therapeutics. The scale up process occurs again and hundreds of grams of selected compounds are provided for further studies which will, it is hoped, eventually lead to an effective, marketable drug suitable for human consumption. This new product is the reward for all the time and effort of many individuals.

Yup, looks like the Ethnopharmacologists agree too, drugs come from plants, lol.;)

I guess it all boils down to whose definition we use, eh?

The DEA believes cannabis to be a plant containing marijuana, lol, and two other drugs, hashish and hashish oil. :rolleyes:

From here...DEA, Drug Information, Other Drugs: C
    [SIZE=-1]Three drugs that come from cannabis--marijuana, hashish, and hashish oil--are distributed on the U.S. illicit market. Having no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, they remain under Schedule I of the CSA. Today, cannabis is illicitly cultivated, both indoors and out, to maximize its THC content, thereby producing the greatest possible psychoactive effect. [/SIZE]

Drugs (dot) com doesn't list cannabis the plant, lol, only marinol/dronabinol.:rolleyes:
    From here...
    Marinol (dronabinol) medical facts from Drugs.com
    Marinol

Generic Name: dronabinol (droe NAH bih nol)
    Brand Names: Marinol
    What is dronabinol?

Dronabinol is a man-made form of cannabis (marijuana is an herbal form of cannabis). Dronabinol causes many effects on your central nervous system.
    :rolleyes:
    Suprisingly I couldn't find marijuana, cannabis or pot listed on drugs (dot) com, how the hell can that be if it's a drug?

Oh yeah, most people, including on this forum, only recognize cannabis with the negative connotation of the word Drug. :confused:Prove it otherwise...