Cannabis induced psychosis

Discussion in 'General' started by matefeedkillTFY, Jul 7, 2012.

1. After being admitted to a mental health psychiatry ward, i was diagnosed with the above illness. Now, in the months leading up to this i was consuming considerably high amounts of bud through an arizer v-tower. My symptoms included a disorganized stream of thought process and extreme mood swings. Can anybody inlighten me as to how and why marijuanna altered my state of mind so vastly that it unbalanced chemicals in the brain? also i was advised and bacially forced to swear off of getting high. given that my family has a rich history of mental illness, what are your opinions on me occasionally getting baked, is there a high chance it could trigger another psychotic eposide?

Thanks all in advance.

2. You probably have some underlining condition that cannabis made worse. I wouldnt smoke again if it was me.

3. Yes. Weed isn't as harmless as everyone below me will tell you. Some people just can't smoke because it affects them negatively like this. You just shouldn't do any mind altering drugs.

4. Op how much were you smoking?

5. I realized that might have been happening to me so i cut down to only vaporizing .2 every 24 hours so i could eat and sleep comfortably at least.

6. You probably have an underlying condition. Marijuana doesn't cause psychosis but it can bring it out if you already have a predisposition to it.

7. If it's not enjoyable and boarding on dangerous.......... why would continuing to smoke even be a thought?

8. Exactly, I really do not see the point of the multiple threads like this one.

Sorry you been through that OP, buy obviously weed is not for you, taking your family history into consideration n all.

9. In hindsight this definitely may have been caused by the lsd trip i embarked upon at the start of this year.

10. ever considered your just crazy?

11. same thing happened to me, it was first a psychotic episode and then being diagnosed as schizophrenic and put on meds.

12. [quote name='"chillin420"']

same thing happened to me, it was first a psychotic episode and then being diagnosed as schizophrenic and put on meds.[/quote]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clozapine#section_7
    Unfortunately I also ignorantly and desperately also took this med for like 2 weeks that a big nig doctor prescribed to me.

13. what in the fuck

14. OP this sounds kinda dumb. Dont mean to offend. But really, why were u smokin weed in the first place? And then u been doin other shit too?? The A-word. And the other hallucinogens. Man.. I feel the reason u did all this and fucked urself up with TOO MUCH WEED (although there is no such thing as too much weed) Is that you probably have a mental illness that should be looked at.

But! I bet what u really have is just a chronic depression. And looked to weed and other drugs to solve it... And it just made it worse because a "high" only lasts for a bit, then you are depressed again. Thus, making u search for a STRONGER high. Henceforth, the other substances...

Moral of the story: Fix your personal shit before you holla at my girl, maryjane...

She can ONLY make your life better. YOU make of HER what you want. And if its abuse, then you're fucked.

15. [quote name='"Fuck You Also"']

ever considered your just crazy?[/quote]

Word I'm insane dude, you're right I've already come to that realization, probably always have been

16. [quote name='"MaryNMe"']OP this sounds kinda dumb. Dont mean to offend. But really, why were u smokin weed in the first place? And then u been doin other shit too?? The A-word. And the other hallucinogens. Man.. I feel the reason u did all this and fucked urself up with TOO MUCH WEED (although there is no such thing as too much weed) Is that you probably have a mental illness that should be looked at.

But! I bet what u really have is just a chronic depression. And looked to weed and other drugs to solve it... And it just made it worse because a "high" only lasts for a bit, then you are depressed again. Thus, making u search for a STRONGER high. Henceforth, the other substances...

Moral of the story: Fix your personal shit before you holla at my girl, maryjane...

She can ONLY make your life better. YOU make of HER what you want. And if its abuse, then you're fucked.[/quote]

Easy with the assumptions

17. [quote name='"MaryNMe"']OP this sounds kinda dumb. Dont mean to offend. But really, why were u smokin weed in the first place? And then u been doin other shit too?? The A-word. And the other hallucinogens. Man.. I feel the reason u did all this and fucked urself up with TOO MUCH WEED (although there is no such thing as too much weed) Is that you probably have a mental illness that should be looked at.

She can ONLY make your life better. YOU make of HER what you want. And if its abuse, then you're fucked.[/quote]

Easy with the assumptions please why would you figure that I probably have a mental illness? I still am in complete denial that marihuana has harmed me in any way.. All this cannabis induced psychosis talk is what I've vaguely been told by doctors and psychiatrists who had plenty of opportunities to "take a look at me". Unmentionables are besides the point that was by first experience with that one and it was eye opening. I am origin poster by the way

18. [quote name='"Pale Blue Dot"']
    The cocksuckers careless with his prescriptions , if presented with the opportunity I would promptly thoroughly urinate over his barbecue quite honestly

19. Oh dude, sorry. At first I thought u were trollin.. So I kind of went off a bit, came out my left pocket...
    Thats why I then corrected myself and said: What im SURE u do have is depression..

Real talk, I fell into a nasty depression last year and tried fixing it by smoking my brains out. All it dis was give me mild schizophrenic episodes where I could hear voices. But I was smokin waaayyyyyy too much. Like 10 jays a day.. Plus I was drinking lots of alcohol with it.

Then, I began exercising to get out of it. Been doing that since. Keep ur head up OP. Just find other things to scratch that "itch" for relief when u are feeling down. Instead of weed or any other substance.

20. Marijuana is for some people, and not for other people.

I work in a psych ward, a lot of the cases we get brought here are brought out by marijuana.

If you feel its not for you, simple, don't use it.