Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis Indica, Cannabis Sativa and Cannabis Rasta?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Ryans1, Nov 5, 2008.

1. A little while ago I was on google or something and seen an article for a new variety of Cannabis called Cannabis Rasta.
    I found the article again and while post the link below:
    http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg18725175.200

Its from 2005 and I haven't heard anything about this recently... I think it is a very strange article, and as I thought The New Scientist was a fairly reputable source I find it odd they ran this article. Anyway I figured I'd post it here in Seasoned Tokers to see if any of you with a deep knowledge of the Ganja can weigh in here.

2. that was probably the poorest excuse for a source cause it stated no facts.

3. There already are 3 types of Cannabis already, as well: Sativa, Indica, and Ruderalis.

4. I bet they're just talking about ruderalis.. Rasta to my knowledge isn't a real species of cannibus.

5. isnt ruderalis just the kind that is produced for hemp and other uses but doesnt get you high?

i wouldnt know, just a suggestion/question.

6. pretty much.. its def. a lot less potent.

7. No, it isn't really produced for anything. But it is ditchweed. And i say that literally, it's the most weed-like of marijuana plants (like as in garden weeds). No thc either. Not good for too much.

Sativas are usually used for hemp and fiber, just cus they get loooong and stringy.

8. can i ask why this is in seasoned tokers?

even the apprentices could have answered this.

9. so much misinformation in here.
    ever hear of lowrider?

its a indica hybrid bred with a ruderalis. ruderalis is just an auto-flowing phenotype of cannabis.
    it has a low potency but is smokable (think brickweed), but when crossed with a potent variety it is a great auto-flowering potent strain.

also in the original article some of the most THC latent weed is Sativa. Indica has a higher content of CBD's and thats what makes it a knockout weed, and sativa a flying high kinda weed.

10. You guys are all retarded. I obviously know that there is no such thing as Cannabis Rasta, I simply posted it for discussion purposes and to get other peoples thoughts on this. I know the difference between Sativa, Indica, Ditchweed and Hemp. You guys need to stop trying to be the alpha-male around here and engage in some discussion, or even give other members some helpful advice instead of being elitest about it. Its pot for christ sakes why are you guys all so confrontational, take your own advice and smoke a bowl and chill, or just shut the fuck up. SEMS1, I respet the fact that you can get cheap chronic, and make your own peices, but what makes you think that you can tell people where to post their threads? I stated near the end why I posted it in seasoned tokers. If there was a forum for people with an attitude of that stupid 12 year old everyone knew, who thought they were the best at everything you would be the moderator for sure. So until that day comes, mind your own business douche.

11. Semz does that a LOT
    lol
    some people say hes trying to play god..

12. watch out, ill ruin your life.

13. You'll never be a mod, mods have to resist making smartass remarks and comments
    seems you can't, mate :smoking:

14. Please read to clarify

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreatio...ca-sativa.html

This thread is a waste of space. If you know everyone knows this isn't true then you are trolling.

What serious discussion can be had about this. Its incredulous.

:rolleyes:

15. Today 08:06 PM \t
    \t

What serious discussion can be made of you posting a pound of kush? All you want is these young potheads thinking your the man because you can get a pound? Anyone can get a pound, and up here I can get a pound of BC God Bud for under 1000 canadian.

16. And btw that guide of sativa vs indica is probably the best and most straight forward I have ever read... It's posts like that we need around here not posts flaming other members like most of us ONLY make (myself included just look on page 1).

17. #20 GreyMatterTripp, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008

I never claimed that post was for discussion, you on the other hand made such claims about this BS post, although if you look at the link next to it in my sig you'll see a real debate.

You should visit it and take some notes.

Your assumpitve nature only further confirms your ignorance and immaturity.

This forum is for posting your pick ups. I never stated that a lb of herb was a large quantity or that it takes any skill or ability to aquire.

This thread is an utter waste of cyber space.