Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis Hot Chocolate?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Easy_Skanking, Dec 21, 2010.

1. #1 Easy_Skanking, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
    Sup GC,

So I'm afraid I'm incredibly inexperienced on eating herb. So allow me to sound like a complete noob for a second.

I'm back home with family for Christmas, and naturally that makes smoking a lot harder. However, before I drove down here, I packed one of my stoner creations. A cannabis tea bag. Basically my buddy had some green teabags, and I took one, opened it up, took the tea out, and filled it with some ground up stems and weed.

So I thought, brewing it would be the best way to hang out with Mary Jane unnoticed.

Which brings be to my question. If I made some hot chocolate (heated milk with chocolate powder) and steeped the cannabis tea bag in it, would the THC dissolve?

If not, any other alternatives for a cannabis drink?

Cheers.

2. I actually had a recipe for a great cannabis iced cocoa drink, but I don't have it on me at the moment (when I get home, I'll rummage around and edit this post unless someone beats me to it).

However, it is possible to steep the cannabis in the milk and create a cannabis-infused hot chocolate. If you really want to go all the way, you'll have to make a small amount of canna-oil (roughly 1-2 tbsp) to add into the cocoa to help bind the THC. Just remember to use whole milk and keep the temperature just below boiling. Hot enough to melt the crystals and let them bind to the fat molecules of the milk without being too fucking hot.

A personal preference: I love using Abuelita's hot chocolate. It's got that cinnamon kick that goes so well with good dank. Also, not too sure about using a tea bag filled with ganja with hot chocolate. I just dumped my grind in the pot of milk and used a gold coffee filter to separate the plant matter from that sweet, sweet cannabis cocoa.