Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cannabis helping with sociopathic tendencys

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kipper66, Jun 27, 2011.

1. i'll try keep this short and too the point.

i have recently come to the realisation that i am, in fact, a sociopath. i display all the symptoms bar violent out breaks (i've never been in a fight, mainly because i'm scared i wouldnt be able to stop myself going too far).

i dont feel like i "love" anybody, even my girlfriend of 3 years.

i have yet to visit a doctor, and wont be able to for a few weeks i think.

now comes the "good" part,
    when i'm high i feel normal - i enjoy cuddling up with the missus, i'm happy, i feel guilt, i dont get bored..... i feel "alive".

i've tried searching but havnt found much, was wondering if people on here knew anything related to sociopathy and cannabis? i've found a few links where people have said weed helped. but not alot.

2. maybe your not a sociopath, although you think it would be cool to be one. You idolize controlling people because you do not know how to control yourself. Take a deep breath focus and live life for yourself. Choose to help others this may bring you more love, and dont be ignorant. Everything you see will affect you in some way, just learn your lesson and let it be a positive one. Hope this helps

3. Looks like I am going to have to educate you a bit, hon!

First off, KEEP TOKING and grow if you can! If it works, use it! :hello: My hubby is a chronic depressive (on Disability for it) and cannabis works better for him than any of the doctor's expensive pills! :bongin:

If you can find it, get high CBD cannabis (fiber and seed hemps often have more CBD in it than "toking" cannabis). It won't get you as high but it makes you less prone to psychotic episodes or just "feeling bad".

Cannabis with high cannabidiol content is associated with fewer psychotic experiences.

(abst – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cannabis with high cannabidiol content is associat... [Schizophr Res. 2011] - PubMed result[/FONT]

I suspect that you are a victim of your diet! In "Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions", they talk about how the lack of Omega 3 messes up your mind. The brain cells made without Omega 3 have defects in their receptors. Screwed up brain cells = a screwed up mind! (quotes from the study below)

"Low levels of essential n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFAs) have been linked to neuropsychiatric diseases"

"the dietary-induced reduction of CB(1)R functions in mood-controlling structures was associated with impaired emotional behavior."

In addition to helping your body make better brain cells, Omega 3 can eventually improve your high! :yay: The CB1 receptors are the ones that get you high. If they are broken or defective, you simply are not getting your maximum high! :(

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. (abst – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Unbound MEDLINE | Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. PubMed Journal article abstract[/FONT]

Unfortunately, it takes time for the defective cells to be replaced- popping a few fish oil caps won't get you higher tonight. But there would be a slow increase in your high as time goes on! :smoke:

Omega 3 is also good for your heart, so you should be taking it, anyway!

And one last little article and a suggestion for further reading. The article is from FOX, so it's simple! The full study is what it was based on!

Are You Cannabis Deficient? (news - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot] Marijuana Compound Treats Multiple Health Issues - FoxNews.com[/FONT]

Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004)
    http://www.freedomtoexhale.com/clinical.pdf

If you click that first link in my sig, you will find 100s of MMJ studies and articles like those above! Depression, anxiolytic effects, schizophrenia/ mental disorders, all have sections in my List! Educate yourself! :smoke:

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

4. wow. i cant say thankyou enough storm crow! gonna be doing alot of reading in the next few days i think!

i dont "think" I'd have an omega 3 deficiency considering how much fish i eat. (generally 2-3 times a week if i can afford it)

Bonequicha2
    i can honestly say i do not think it is cool to be one, i realised i 'could' be sociopathic when i read a semi-related article and it struck a nerve with me. i felt truly destroyed whilst reading about it, wishing i had never even read the original article. if i could re-wind back to before reading it - i would.

5. i know how it is to read an article that describes you down to the tee. I did a personality test at actualme.com and it said i became depressed when not around my friends. I recently moved and have no friends. This made me even more depressed. Thinking about going back on zoloft again...

what exactly is a sociopath though? its just a fancy term for a good boss. So you can choose to be a good leader and use it to your advantage or let it destroy you whilst you sit back and watch? The choice is yours my friend. Take my advice for a grain of salt, its your life you choose how to live it

6. #6 psychodelic420, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
    I think there are a lot of possibilities for the way you are feeling. It would behoove you to see a family doctor for some bloodwork and basic physical, and a psychotherapist to discuss your concerns. If anyone will be able to shed some light on why you are thinking/feeling the way you are, it'll be a psychotherapist.

From the few posts I've read of yours, you don't sound sociopathic, more confused and looking for some answers. You probably don't think it would be "cool to be one" but it would answer a lot of your questions if this was the case, so I could see how even that answer could be cathartic/favorable over the unknown.

You also sound mildly depressed, and I agree with Storm Crow's suggestions on increasing your Omega 3 intake as well as daily exercise. And again, I'd suggest scheduling a visit with a psychiatrist, as s/he may be able to more accurately diagnose the issues you're having. Good luck!

Not even close, but creative :)

7. I'm no mental health professional, but that bolded part, right there, suggests very strongly to me that you aren't sociopathic. From what I understand of it, if you were sociopathic you wouldn't worry about whether you were or not, you would have read that article and been unconcerned by the fact that it seemed to describe you to a tee. Then there is the fact that you restrain yourself from fighting because you're scared of going too far. Sociopaths wouldn't be scared of going too far, if anything they would want to see how far they could go.

It does sound like you may be having problems feeling connected to other people, and that is a symptom of a number of different mental health issues which you can find help for, as people have suggested above.

8. Spot on, man. The things you touched on are exactly what caught my attention as well (I am a mental health professional), and I agree with your post 100%. You have a psychologist for a parent or something :)? Good insight

9. Aww, you're making me blush. Hee hee. :eek:

No psychologists in my family, but I have been through a fair bit of therapy myself. :p Plus I am a writer/poet so to hone my craft I spend a lot of time thinking and learning about what makes people do the things they do.

10. The very roots of being wise and having wisdom....:hello:

11. I hate fish [yuck] but I do take fish oil caps, knowing this makes it even better!