Cannabis Dull Theory

Discussion in 'General' started by HerbalEssences, Dec 6, 2009.

1. So I am a nearly daily cannabis connoisseur and throughout my adventures I have come to this theory.

First off this doesn't apply to everyone but in my opinion it does apply generally. I have noticed you can broadly categorize people into 2 categories. Theres those people who seem sparkly and full of life and you can notice this in everything they do and there general body language.

The other group is the dull people who seem to be to more void of this sparkle of life. There not depressed but they just lack this body language.

I have noticed that although trying Cannabis or using it sparsely won't affect your sparkle of life in fact it will likely expand your mind, but regular or " Chronic Users" slowly have this sparkle of life dulled through cannabis use.

This has been my #1 problem with my cannabis addiction, although I love cannabis and it's opened my mind to great experiences and new thoughts I remember thinking how I thought cannabis doesn't affect my health except for the cardio-vascular system and brain. But after much thinking I have come to the conclusion that it slowly has been shaving away my sparkle of life. I have also noticed and observed and based on my observations I can say it affects others in the same way.

Please keep in mind this is just "my" opinion and is a generalization. There are always exceptions to the general population.

So let me know what you think, take a moment to think about pot-heads vs sober people and let me know if you think this generalization theory apply's.

2. No one has any comments?

3. Are you saying you're less bubbly and energetic? Or that you're not enjoying yourself anymore? Feeling numb?

4. I believe that these things that you describe as your "sparkle" of life are all things in which the mind creates meaning. Your self-dubbed "sparkle" of life is not something that can be quantifiably measured, and as such you have little basis to say that it is depleted.

However, what is more likely is that because you have been laden with society's mantra that Marijuana users are dull and miss out on the beauties of life, and this has subliminally affected you to make yourself believe that this purported "sparkle" has dwindled.

The good news is that because the "sparkle" is a construct of YOUR mind, it can be controlled as you see fit, and so you can take as much or as little from your life as you choose, regardless of whether or not you smoke weed.

5. Appearances can be deceiving. When someone looks at me they usually think I am sad, just because of the somber expression that is usually on my face. However, the opposite is true, I love to laugh and I do frequently, people sometimes think I'm weird just because of the little insignificant things I find humorous. Even though I look sad I am generally happy all the time, so you can't really accurately tell how someone is just from their body language, yeah it can tell you a lot about them but not everything.

6. I probably come off as dull, especially when I'm high.

It's just because I'm usually really deep in thought, thinking about something other than what's going on - just fantasizing - detached from what's going on around me.

I can't help but try to find a hidden meaning or symbol behind things when I'm high and it's just really easy to become lost in thought - or 'detached' . . . dull.

7. #7 Jakigi, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009
    HerbEss, yes, I feel like what you've described. I used to have a sense of humor. I used to enjoy people. I still laugh and socialize from time to time, just less than I used to... maybe its nostalgia, I dunno. I've been called out from long-time friends as being downy, dull and anti-social. I don't know if cannabis is solely to blame, though. I just don't give a fuck now, about anything.

8. I think when you are around certain people that you can feel energy that they're giving off. Positive or Negative. I usually walk around with a smirk/smile on my face. But that's because I am ALWAYS SO LIT.