Cannabis dark period

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shamting, Jun 3, 2011.

1. I was just wondering to my self when I switch to 12/12 what does my plant do in it's dark period does it just sleep? Does it do some kind of voodoo cannabis magic? What does it actually achieve in these dark dark times

2. Google.................................................

3. Why answer with that? Nearly all questions here can be answered with google, are you going to go round posting that in every thread you see?
    Do you know another point of a forum is to make friends aswell? And me asking questions is a good way to find out what people are like as we can see here

4. In the wild the plants start flowering when the light period changes so indoor its tricking them

5. during flowering the plant grows at night, spending the light period collecting nutrients and light, it does all the growing at night during flowering.

6. It has to do with the seasons. Tricking the plant to think its autumn will force it to start flowering. If you want to get deep into history it has to deal with the equinox which means equal day and night when summer ends and the days start to get shorter. This time of year forces crops to bud in order to reproduce before the winter.

7. They smell so much more at night for them which is day for me so I get to smell it all day

8. Thanks so much guys I thought they might just sit there and let the time go by