Cannabis Cup 2011

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by emerald2, Jul 1, 2011.

1. With the recent dutch ruling, does that mean travel to this years cup is off limits to foreigners?

2. Not sure completely, but...

I seriously doubt it. I think they'd say "you can come and watch pretty much.. you just can't purchase it".

Which doesn't mean shit because from what I understand a lot of Dutch people oppose this new ruling and will probably continue to sell to foreigners.

3. That's what I'm thinking. Actually have an opportunity to go this year, I'll be keepin an eye on the situation.

4. Is it even an official law/ruling now? I thought it was just in the works? Well either way, I don't believe Holland itself would do that. Why would they ban something that obviously brings in a shit load of revenue?:confused:

5. From what i read, the effective dates of the law aren't until 2012, but i could be mistaken. If 2012 is the case get over there and smoke the best weed in the world :)

6. The laws went into effect in the southern part of the netherlands. Amsterdam and northern netherlands aren't effected until january 1st. I'm going for my first (and most likely last) time this year, definitely go

7. 2012 is what I'm finding after reading some more. I'll definitely be going this year, I feel it's my duty as a pothead to make the pilgrimage at least once. Hopefully between now and next year cooler heads will prevail and they will rethink the law.

8. I really wish i had the cash to go this year lol, looks like an amazing time!

9. No. The law hasn't gone into effect yet.
    They say they will introduce it in the Southern provinces before the end of 2011 and in the rest of the country during the course of 2012. I doubt it will ever come to that though.

10. Did the ruling pass? I thought it was only speculation.

11. The minister says he's going to go through with it. I do believe he will implement it in the Southern border provinces where foreign drug cartels have been causing trouble. I still very much doubt whether they will go through with it in Amsterdam, where there are no problems at all. The minister says they will, but I have to see it to believe it. Amsterdam is putting up a lot of resistance and it's probably going to fail horribly in the Southern provinces where they will implement it first.

12. Yeah, this is pretty clearly not going to help cartel related violence.

13. Agreed. It will most likely utterly fail in the provinces where they plan on introducing it first. After that, two things can happen. They can realize it has failed and reverse it, or they can use the increased or maintained violence as an excuse to do something even more retarded.

14. i suspect there will be problems implementing the new law....plus if i remember correctly the coffeeshops have cup only events in which you only can get in with your cup judges badge....which would constitute a private party and seems like it would be hard to regulate the locals from the yokels.

15. I'm thinking of going...I really want to. If I can save enough money for plane tickets my friend will give me a place to stay...oh man would be THE BEST time ever haha

16. tickets shouldn't be that expensive....amsterdam is a cargo gateway and there are plenty carriers who make multi-trips running between detriot and amsterdam, chicago and amsterdam, etc.

the last time i went, several months ago, a roundtrip ticket between the east coast and amsterdam ran me about $600-650. some things to remember get your pass early through cup website as it's cheaper or just do a day pass ($40 euros) once you are on the ground. if you want to do all of the music/seminars then get the pass. however, if you just want to do the coffeeshop pub crawl then just get a day pass.

17. You guys know that the most recent announcement is that nothing is happening until 2015 at the earliest right?

18. Source? The minister of justice said (in February I believe) that they will implement this in the Southern provinces at the end of 2011 and in the rest of the country during the course of 2012. Fortunately this man has been full of shit before.

19. I think I may have been too stoned and read 2012 and 2015, because a 2 bares similarity to a 5 ya'no :eek:

However I'll keep searching and keep my eye out to find where I think I read it.

However the link in my above post is still a bit positive ^